JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been thinking of this for a couple of days now after what happened Sunday night. The official version of what happened just does not add up to me. There are a lot of details that I do not think that a single 64 year old man could be capable of doing by himself. Given his back ground. I have heard several different theories and a few groups claiming responsibility. I am going to hold off and see what you people think. I would like to keep this as adult as possible and no mention of UFO's or Bigfoot. We live in crazy times and humans can do some pretty crazy stuff. Be honest with us and yourself.

Honestly, I have no idea yet - I need more info, accurate info, before I can draw any conclusion. As it stands, it seems we're still getting differing reports from different news agencies and officials, complicating things further.

For now, I'm tending toward the more obvious (to me, anyway) scenario which is that a single actor with plenty of resources and time to plan pulled this off. Kind of the Occam's Razor test - the simplest answer tends to be the correct answer.

I am also wondering the entire motive here. I think there is much more from several different angles to achieve several motives. There is way too much fall out from this.

Agreed about waiting until a "official report* " is put out.
Saving my thoughts and most comments until then ... otherwise I risk sounding like those media talking heads who go off on the first report or spout out misinformation.

* Official report coming from the agency in charge of the investigation of the shooting.
As noted above there are many official reports and conflicting information abounds.
Andy

will you actually believe any official report when the Federal agencies involved are known for not telling the truth.

Do you think we can never trust anything they say? At some point, can we not trust that some people in these agencies are good Americans and will get the truth out there? I agree they are far from being without sin, but what purpose does it serve to have such an agency if it can never be trusted? Who benefits? And who controls the phony info? If it was all phony, eventually one side will use that info against the other.

That's why I have a hard time always looking for some conspiracy. Ultimately it is very hard to sustain lies over time, especially in a big organization where you can't make everyone believe the way you do.

I am also wondering the entire motive here. I think there is much more from several different angles to achieve several motives. There is way too much fall out from this.

Assume for a moment he's a sociopath. Sociopaths have committed terrible atrocities throughout history for no other reason than they enjoy it.

I'm with others that are going with evil as a motive. At least as part of the motive. He apparently left a note in the room toward the end. Perhaps, if that's true, we may get a little insight into his intent.

First of all you can bet your sweet a$$ that this dude never voted in a Republican primary or that would be on the front page of every news paper on earth, every single day untill the end of time. Also he targeted what I would consider the most likely to vote Republican music festival attendees other than a Christian music festival.
Also, I just read a story that said the Sheriff has reason to believe that some event that occurred between last October and now may have influenced him. Hmmmm.....I wonder what major event occurred sometime between last October and now ? Oh well I guess we will never know.

that is something else. There are way too many loose ends that nobody will give answers to. Like you said some event. Well what was the event? Tell us.

How is any of this hard to believe. I know lots of people with that many firearm I know lots of people that if they had the means $$$$$ would buy 33 firearms in a year, I know zillions of people who have extended mags and thousands of rounds of ammo, I know a bunch of people who don't tell anyone what they have, I know lots of people who could look at an events calendar and figure out a shooting position based on that. I know lots of people that over 4-5 days carry 10 large suitcases into an elevator I know lots of people pissed off at the world, I even know a few people that are batbubblegum crazy.

I have no problem believing this guy did this pretty much just like the reports say.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews