JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked this little feller up today. Couldn't pass it up for 200.00. Anyone have one? Seems like you can't go wrong with a rifle for that price nowadays.

02B98089-E45E-456F-89E5-1BAA734009AD.jpeg

Picked this little feller up today. Couldn't pass it up for 200.00. Anyone have one?
Oh man you got a SMOKIN' deal!

I have the same rifle and love it!

Be careful when you break open the action with a round (or empty brass in it) as it kicks them out with some force! It is a common complaint with these rifles and there is a 'fix' for it I believe.

I had 'plans' on buying a few more but when Remington dropped the Handi Rifle line in 2015 the older ones disappeared from the used market pretty fast, especially the really popular calibers. The pistol calibers ones were (and still are) really popular, along with those in common rifle calibers - like the .223 - are at the top of the list!

Last Edited:
Oh man you got a SMOKIN' deal!

I have the same rifle and love it!

Be careful when you break open the action with a round (or empty brass in it) as it kicks them out with some force! It is a common complaint with these rifles and there is a 'fix' for it I believe.
I have the 410 version from my dad for my 7th birthday. I learned real quick about newtons 3rd law 🤣

Found this out the first fired round with my 44 Handi. It launched the brass and sent me searching for it!

My Henry single shots don't eject the brass, but they extract for you to grab with fingers and remove. I prefer this, as I'm a reloader and don't like to chase brass.

Last Edited:
I have a soft spot for single shots. They make for great projects.

I really wanted one in .357 Mag but after 2015 these got really hard to find.

I saw a few but the prices were climbing quickly and some other 'life issues' at the time I was dealing with and gun buying was not a priority at the time. Then SB 941 came along and my desire to own a couple kind of came to an end.

If one came along I wanted and 114 is not an issue I would probably pursue it.

You did well as to price. I like these single shots, I have several shotguns and rifles. Two are .223's. There are three bbl. weights in .223. The medium and heavy bbls. seem to shoot better than the superlights. You can play around with the forend to minimize eccentric pressure that might interfere with bbl. harmonics. But the heavy bbls. are made like cannons, there isn't much flex inherent in those.

I'm up for a Henry but they are hard to find in rifle calibers that I might want.

I prefer the ejector over the extractor. If it became necessary, you could reload the ejector version faster.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA