JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One time, long ago my dad had a friend who let me use his Streetsweeper during a day out on the range. I loved that gun. LOVED IT. My attraction to it is really more about it's inner-workings and uniqueness than anything else.

I've wanted one for awhile and I probably won't own one for a long time because of price but I had some questions about streetsweeper type shotguns. Are they Class III items or do they fall under any other sort of classification that requires a $200 tax stamp? I would ask my dad's friend, himself, but my dad is no longer in touch with the crazy old man.

Another question: Is the SPAS 12 a Class III item, require a tax stamp, ect.?

Thanks in advance.

The Streetsweeper is an NFA item called a Destructive device. While cool they are very impractical due to how you have to load and unload them. For less money and no stamp you could buy a Sagia and some 20rd detachable magus. If you just want one then I say go for it.

The SPAS 12 is NOT an NFA item, it is a normal Title 1 shotgun just like a Rem 870. They are in the same price range a Streetsweeper. The SPAS seems to sell in the $1000-$1500 range. While it looks cool the SPAS is not a very good shotgun. In semi it will only cycle the heaviest loads, in pump it is a heavy bulky pump gun. There are 2 separate safeties that have to be in the right position to fire and in the correct position to even load the gun. If you want a good pump/semi the Benelli M3 is a cheeper, lighter and great shotgun for less money. Again if you just want one I say go for it.

Thank you tremendously for the responses. I didn't really want a SPAS 12 for myself, its just that I see a few for sale now and then, and for some reason had it in my head that they were Class III.

The Streetsweeper is a shotgun that I will (eventually) be purchasing. Regardless of how impractical they are, and how much of a PITA they are to reload, I just love those guns...

...and I have ever since I first got to use one.
Street_Sweeper-1.jpg
I'm not aiming at the pole by the way. I'm just making sure not to shoot the photographer.

Very nice pic. I understand why you want one. I like guns and I have and will continue to buy some guns just cause I want then even if they are impractical.

I owned a brand new latest model Spas 12 and they are very impracticle. A Benelli will do just fine. I would buy one again for a collectors piece but not for home defense.

Prices will be from like $600-$1900, depending on condition and if you pick up one with the recall safety issue. You dont want the lever switch version. You want the push button one.

IMG_1043.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top