JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One time, long ago my dad had a friend who let me use his Streetsweeper during a day out on the range. I loved that gun. LOVED IT. My attraction to it is really more about it's inner-workings and uniqueness than anything else.

I've wanted one for awhile and I probably won't own one for a long time because of price but I had some questions about streetsweeper type shotguns. Are they Class III items or do they fall under any other sort of classification that requires a $200 tax stamp? I would ask my dad's friend, himself, but my dad is no longer in touch with the crazy old man.

Another question: Is the SPAS 12 a Class III item, require a tax stamp, ect.?

Thanks in advance.

The Streetsweeper is an NFA item called a Destructive device. While cool they are very impractical due to how you have to load and unload them. For less money and no stamp you could buy a Sagia and some 20rd detachable magus. If you just want one then I say go for it.

The SPAS 12 is NOT an NFA item, it is a normal Title 1 shotgun just like a Rem 870. They are in the same price range a Streetsweeper. The SPAS seems to sell in the $1000-$1500 range. While it looks cool the SPAS is not a very good shotgun. In semi it will only cycle the heaviest loads, in pump it is a heavy bulky pump gun. There are 2 separate safeties that have to be in the right position to fire and in the correct position to even load the gun. If you want a good pump/semi the Benelli M3 is a cheeper, lighter and great shotgun for less money. Again if you just want one I say go for it.

Thank you tremendously for the responses. I didn't really want a SPAS 12 for myself, its just that I see a few for sale now and then, and for some reason had it in my head that they were Class III.

The Streetsweeper is a shotgun that I will (eventually) be purchasing. Regardless of how impractical they are, and how much of a PITA they are to reload, I just love those guns...

...and I have ever since I first got to use one.
Street_Sweeper-1.jpg
I'm not aiming at the pole by the way. I'm just making sure not to shoot the photographer.

Very nice pic. I understand why you want one. I like guns and I have and will continue to buy some guns just cause I want then even if they are impractical.

I owned a brand new latest model Spas 12 and they are very impracticle. A Benelli will do just fine. I would buy one again for a collectors piece but not for home defense.

Prices will be from like $600-$1900, depending on condition and if you pick up one with the recall safety issue. You dont want the lever switch version. You want the push button one.

IMG_1043.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads