JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Caveman Jim, what did you do this winter?
I went to NC to hunt oysters
Did you get any?
Like 50 of them...they were attacking my cousin...what would uou do in a situation like that?
What did you shoot them with?
A friken 12 gauge, what do you think...gosh!!!

Last Edited:
North Carolina....
A large show of locals for the annual Oyster shoot. A great time, so far I haven't got frost bite!!!!

View attachment 418791

We lost the hot water in the kitchen yesterday but at least the bathroom agua is good 2 go.:p

I have to digress here..... anytime I see or hear the word "frost bite" reminds me of the time years ago when my fingers got frozen SOLID from a sudden refrigerant valve failure and I ran to the men's room and thawed them out under warmish water until they softened up and I could move them again.... I can't take much cold on them anymore to this day.... feels like FIRE.

Back on topic.... :confused:

North Carolina....
A large show of locals for the annual Oyster shoot. A great time, so far I haven't got frost bite!!!!
:p

Since I can't open the attachment, my minds eye is running wild.

What are the preferred loads for shooting oysters? A solid to the head? Or really fine bird shot? Is steel shot a requirement? Do you have to shoot them while flying or can you ground sluice them? Or is it like a modern turkey shoot where you play cards to win an oyster?

Further, without a picture, I cannot imagine North Carolina freezing. Is this fake news you saw on TV?

Last Edited:
Since I can't open the attachment, my minds eye is running wild.

What are the preferred loads for shooting oysters? A solid to the head? Or really fine bird shot? Is steel shot a requirement? Or is it like a modern turkey shoot where you play cards to win an oyster?

Estate & 7 1/2 12 gauge, one may shoot any of the 15 shotguns available.
Shooting paper targets even the oysters are slow moving when frozen.... lol
I won round 10.....:p
20180106_150003_001.jpg

Last Edited:
Wow! It really is a shooting game! Sign me up for next year, as long as I don't have to eat them.

Out west, maybe we could start an anuual crawdad shoot.:D

I hope you are having a great time.

We would go get oyster when I was in South Carolina they are awesome they taste different than the ones out here AT LEAST I THINK SO

I have to digress here..... anytime I see or hear the word "frost bite" reminds me of the time years ago when my fingers got frozen SOLID from a sudden refrigerant valve failure and I ran to the men's room and thawed them out under warmish water until they softened up and I could move them again.... I can't take much cold on them anymore to this day.... feels like FIRE.

Six years working on the Bering sea on fishing boat I know a little bit about cold hands MVIMG_20180106_122408.jpg

Wow! It really is a shooting game! Sign me up for next year, as long as I don't have to eat them.

Out west, maybe we could start an anuual crawdad shoot.:D

I hope you are having a great time.

We love oysters, always have. Now crawdads would be a worthy target, them things move FAST.:p:p:p
Normally the weather here this time of year is in the 50's & they wear board shorts...;)

Did you get any?
Like 50 of them...they were attackinIg my cousin...what would uou do in a situation like that?

Well don't you know shooting an oyster attack army with anything but a 12 gauge would be uncivilized.;)

Did you get any?
Like 50 of them...they were attacking my cousin...what would uou do in a situation like that?
Idaho oyster hunting with Nepolian Dinamite

I do sympathize with you mr. Stomper, my fate was sealed when I spent three days down range at Fort Carson Colorado in February. Temps were below zero for weeks and we were sent into relieve other company.
The only heater we had for us lowly mechanics in a grunt unit was in a track recovery vehicle that would normally seat three people. We will round up with 9 people inside that cab. It was bone-chilling cold.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads