JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was waiting at the docs office for a check up. Linked up to their free wifi. Figured I would catch up on some gun related reading. Got this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445456144.119522.jpg

I burst out laughing in the middle of the waiting room. Everyone was looking at me. It caught me off guard, I wasn't expecting it. Certainly served for a good laugh, and I thought I would share.

I was waiting at the docs office for a check up. Linked up to their free wifi. Figured I would catch up on some gun related reading. Got this.

View attachment 260407

I burst out laughing in the middle of the waiting room. Everyone was looking at me. It caught me off guard, I wasn't expecting it. Certainly served for a good laugh, and I thought I would share.

I've seen something similar before, but it was at a public library. They had public WiFi, I logged in, tried to go to NWFA and got a blocked message due to 'firearms'.

I think it's cute how these folks think they can 'filter' out discussions on liberty and the 2nd amendment. Bless their ignorant, twisted little hearts.

I get this sort of thing on campus... At a college that's about to offer a degree program in gunsmithing...

Church is cool with it though. Pastor is your typical South Korean, doesn't like guns. But he doesn't mind it if others do. So if I'm on their wifi I can use it and go to any site gun related.

My clinic blocks firearm websites when Im at work as well. So Im using my notebook to piggyback into an open wifi to post here. They even block me from getting to my gmail. Sure I bill out about $3-4 million in revenue for this hospital system every year, but I cant access my flippin email. Might as well be a McDonalds worker instead of a physician.

If you think having your gun rights attacked is fun, its much worse as a physician who has slowly lost all their autonomy

This is why I always bring my old, American rifleman mags to the waiting room.
Lol, I have done this plenty of times. I enjoy the looks I get reading a magazine with a big rifle or pistol on the front.

I've encountered that at Swedish, but not at Providence. As far as school, I used to sit in class at SPU dreaming of carry pistols, but that was over 5 yrs ago, I'm sure even in that time span things have changed.
Often you can get around the filters with proxy servers or using the incognito mode on chrome (I think other browsers have something similar) if you want to give them the middle finger of freedom.

I'm kinda lucky... not only does my local library system not block firearms on Unfiltered or WiFi, but for the Bonus Point when they were starting to draft policies on weapons a couple years ago the Branch Manager, who knows that I carry religiously and is pretty with-it for a gal in her profession, asked me for help drawing up policy recommendations. (We went with basically "as long as you're not carrying unlawfully, and you're discreet and keep it secured under your control you're good"--similar policy to my alma mater.)

I'm kinda lucky... not only does my local library system not block firearms on Unfiltered or WiFi, but for the Bonus Point when they were starting to draft policies on weapons a couple years ago the Branch Manager, who knows that I carry religiously and is pretty with-it for a gal in her profession, asked me for help drawing up policy recommendations. (We went with basically "as long as you're not carrying unlawfully, and you're discreet and keep it secured under your control you're good"--similar policy to my alma mater.)

WOW! Seriously, in Cali?!?! Noooooo! This is way to much common sense for Cali! Or W

I was at Wendy's today and got the same notification.
First time I have ever had it happen.

Wow, we were at a Wendy's today in a bad neighbor hood! Sooo glad I was armed!

Just sit down with it and read whatever article you didn't get to or whatever. When they call your name, you close the magazine and put it down with the rest.

Actually, these were donations that the wife took to work for the waiting room. She was in pain management so I hope some of those guys were distracted from they're pain a bit!:)

BTW, it helps that this librarian grew up mil-brat, we have a fair number of cops and grunts around and I once told her that if anyone ever saw my weapon it would be either malfunction of my cover garment or a case of me preparing to defend my life, her own or her staff's. (Good help is hard to find, this crew is worth it.)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top