JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hell, I'd gladly load buses and send them to Canada as long as we put up a northern wall too.
Except that Canada doesn't want 'em either...

Addition to my prior: Fund a hostile takeover of the Conservative Party of Canada and teach THEM to Sound Off Like They Got A Pair, too... and once Shall Issue CCW is ensconced in the Great White North also, have my owned poli-vermin on both sides of the border put together a "Reciprocal Rights" treaty allowing International CCW Reciprocity. Once that's done, so is my meddling in Canadian politics... set aside some funds for Hostile Takeover of a banana republic somewhere just in case the LIEberals manage to get a foothold and undo my work here though.

I didn't read the whole thread, but after I woke up from a week long bender smelling of cheap beer and hot women I'd buy the state of Idaho and only I would be allowed to say who lives there.

A thousand million Federal Reserve Notes.
Remember when you were a kid and you heard somebody was a millionaire and it was hard to imagine how much money that was.

Here's what 1,5 billion in $100 dollar bills looks like.

1.5-Billion-Dollars-300x199.jpg

Pay off all my debts...
Research some charities / pro gun groups and see if they do any real good or use the donations wisely...
( see where they actually send their money / time ) ...then donate some money...
Buy a house and property "off the beaten track"...
Buy / build a place to house my blackpowder collection , get a few more choice pieces to display and work there....
Perhaps , if I was crazy enough to do so...run for a Government office....
Andy

I used to work for a Lottery corporation. Most of the winners are broke within five years.

Personally, I would not want to win a jackpot this big:
  • You won't want the endless "attention"
  • You probably need to acquire armed security for yourself and your family
  • etcetera

If I was to win, I'd be happy with $250K to say $5M. At $5M:
  • Buy a reasonable place outright
  • Buy a reasonable new vehicle outright
  • Shift to a simple lifestyle
  • Strive to live off the interest

37% fed tax, 10% OR tax. You end up with 53% of the lump sum payment after taxes.
I am old. My son would claim the prize. Put into a family trust of course.
If I claim it, he would get hit with the estate tax when I kick the bucket. 40% fed tax and 16% OR tax. He would end up with only 44% of the estate value. This is on top of the initial income tax of 47% already paid.
The Oregon lottery website states the winner can not remain anonymous. Also the tabloid media will file a FOIA request for your identity. I would still try the trust route, but would also be prepared to go into hiding.

You've got a year to claim the prize money. A California couple waited over 6 months to come forward and all the hoopla had died down til it was just a small blip on the news scene.
Nobody cared and they had all their financial ducks in a row so to speak.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top