JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First thing I'd do is say nothing, not a thing, to anyone. Once I had an attorney and financial adviser, both of whom would have to demonstrate experience dealing with such large sums, I would see if it were possible to collect the amount as a trust, rather than an individual in order to stay as private as possible. I understand in some states, you can collect as a trust and your name then doesn't have to be plastered all over the news, drawing thousands of people to you looking for handouts.

Before I collected, I would also move to another address, temporarily, and dump any existing phone numbers. Once I'm reasonably sure that's all secure, then it's time to go to work.

Of course there is no way we could spend all that money, so once immediate family is taken care of and my daughter and maybe some trust funds to cover then next 2-3 generations, then I'd move to getting our dream home on our dream property. Once that's all complete, I'd like to become a philanthropist - not a public one, but a private one. I'm not looking for recognition, I don't want to be famous, I only want to help. I'd look for legitimate causes where people really need help and perhaps are under-served. And yeah, I'd help protect 2A rights. Select friends and acquaintances would probably get to enjoy a little gift here and there as well.

Then I'd have Elon Musk build me a huge passenger rocket and offer free rides to the Clintons, Soros, Bloomberg, Pelosi, Schummer, Feinstein, Spartacus and a host of others. Free round-trip to space! All on me! Of course, something would probably go 'wrong' and they'd go flying off into the darkness of space, never to return :rolleyes: What the heck, a guy can dream, right??

Last Edited:
Win a billion dollars? How many would come out of the woodwork on that day's announcement? First investment would be a bodyguard.

dr-evil.jpg

Win.......A Million Dollars.

Wait, wait......A Billion Dollars. I got a chubby.

Aloha, Mark

I've always wanted to build a cabin/ranch for military Veterans to go stay for free.
Have horses, UTVs, fishing, just someone to go hang with other Veterans and be at peace.
I would make it full ADA. For Vets with disabilities can use it as well.

I would have a large lodge for a gathering room with a banquet hall for group dinners. With small cabins for them the stay in.

Have weeks for Veterans kids and kids who have lost parents in the line of Service to this Nation. A summer camp where they can be around other kids who have been in the same situation.

I would have a house at the entrance for retired Vets to stay in (at post) to welcome those staying as well as be there for any needs of Veterans that may be suffering depression/PTSD.

If I win the lotto this will be my only mission in life. To serve those who served this country.
Since I never did.

If I had won the Mega Lotto, 1 Billion Dollars.....I would buy 1 thousand acres in either Wyoming, Idaho, or Montana.

Shoot....maybe all three.

Build a cozy 4 bedroom house with 2 fireplaces and a nice kitchen. I'd build a 300 yard range with shorter distances for pistols, and a barn w/ riding area for the wife and kids (they love horses).

Maybe spring for a new truck or 2.

Then I would forget about the rest of the world and live my life in peace.
I'd leave the rest of the money to be split up amongst my 3 children and wife (if I go first).....I can't take it with me anyways.

A thousand woodland acres would be around $10M to $30M in most areas of the PNW, so yeah, you could buy plots that large in all three states easily. Putting roads in and so on would not be cheap, but you could afford that too.

Just be sure to set aside a trust fund to pay the property taxes though.

Depends on where you you buy. My last purchase of 20 acres was.....$20,000. At that rate, 1,000 acres would be $1,000,000. Theoretically the price for such a large tract of land could vary per acre just for the sake of "sellers greed", but it could also go for less depending on the market trends.

The property taxes on that 20 acres I own comes out to $480 a year.

But yeah, a trust would be set up to pay the requisite taxes.

Depends on where you you buy. My last purchase of 20 acres was.....$20,000. At that rate, 1,000 acres would be $1,000,000. Theoretically the price for such a large tract of land could vary per acre just for the sake of "sellers greed", but it could also go for less depending on the market trends.

The property taxes on that 20 acres I own comes out to $480 a year.

But yeah, a trust would be set up to pay the requisite taxes.

Certainly, location, location, location.

But I always assume heavily forested land, not open arid desert with nothing but sagebrush - just because that is the only kind of land I would buy in quantity.

YMMV - literally.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads