JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hell, I'd gladly load buses and send them to Canada as long as we put up a northern wall too.
Except that Canada doesn't want 'em either...

Addition to my prior: Fund a hostile takeover of the Conservative Party of Canada and teach THEM to Sound Off Like They Got A Pair, too... and once Shall Issue CCW is ensconced in the Great White North also, have my owned poli-vermin on both sides of the border put together a "Reciprocal Rights" treaty allowing International CCW Reciprocity. Once that's done, so is my meddling in Canadian politics... set aside some funds for Hostile Takeover of a banana republic somewhere just in case the LIEberals manage to get a foothold and undo my work here though.

I didn't read the whole thread, but after I woke up from a week long bender smelling of cheap beer and hot women I'd buy the state of Idaho and only I would be allowed to say who lives there.

A thousand million Federal Reserve Notes.
Remember when you were a kid and you heard somebody was a millionaire and it was hard to imagine how much money that was.

Here's what 1,5 billion in $100 dollar bills looks like.

1.5-Billion-Dollars-300x199.jpg

Pay off all my debts...
Research some charities / pro gun groups and see if they do any real good or use the donations wisely...
( see where they actually send their money / time ) ...then donate some money...
Buy a house and property "off the beaten track"...
Buy / build a place to house my blackpowder collection , get a few more choice pieces to display and work there....
Perhaps , if I was crazy enough to do so...run for a Government office....
Andy

I used to work for a Lottery corporation. Most of the winners are broke within five years.

Personally, I would not want to win a jackpot this big:
  • You won't want the endless "attention"
  • You probably need to acquire armed security for yourself and your family
  • etcetera

If I was to win, I'd be happy with $250K to say $5M. At $5M:
  • Buy a reasonable place outright
  • Buy a reasonable new vehicle outright
  • Shift to a simple lifestyle
  • Strive to live off the interest

37% fed tax, 10% OR tax. You end up with 53% of the lump sum payment after taxes.
I am old. My son would claim the prize. Put into a family trust of course.
If I claim it, he would get hit with the estate tax when I kick the bucket. 40% fed tax and 16% OR tax. He would end up with only 44% of the estate value. This is on top of the initial income tax of 47% already paid.
The Oregon lottery website states the winner can not remain anonymous. Also the tabloid media will file a FOIA request for your identity. I would still try the trust route, but would also be prepared to go into hiding.

You've got a year to claim the prize money. A California couple waited over 6 months to come forward and all the hoopla had died down til it was just a small blip on the news scene.
Nobody cared and they had all their financial ducks in a row so to speak.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top