JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buy a huge-gantic ranch in Nevada, name it Rancho Rauncho if it would pass the Mrs' approval (unlikely, even with the billion), take it completely off-grid, create a thriving agricultural enterprise, have the aforementioned Mrs (who put the kibosh on the name) at least sew our flag that incorporates a middle finger to the outside world, and acquire as many fully transferable machine-guns as humanly possible. And that is just the beginning. :s0155:

You are correct, no the the Rancho Rauncho. You never stated how large the flag or the middle finger had to be, so that might be approved. Machine-guns approved. Large security system that has Clint Eastwood's voice saying "get off my lawn" approved. :s0116:

Oh and jewelry for me, but I guess that goes without saying.

Buy a huge-gantic ranch in Nevada, name it Rancho Rauncho if it would pass the Mrs' approval (unlikely, even with the billion), take it completely off-grid, create a thriving agricultural enterprise, have the aforementioned Mrs (who put the kibosh on the name) at least sew our flag that incorporates a middle finger to the outside world, and acquire as many fully transferable machine-guns as humanly possible. And that is just the beginning. :s0155:
Been done.
View attachment 510327

I'd buy an island in a tropical 3rd world country somewhere. Then i'd meet with the local dictator and let them know that if anyone comes remotely close to "messing" with me, I will blow up their entire country!!

Now, get off my island!

I'll admit, I've never ever bought a lottery ticket. Right now, my odds of winning is almost the same as yours;) and I still have my $2 or whatever.:p

BUT, If I was to win, after I retired all debt for me and family, I'd probably just stay in business 'til it's all gone:rolleyes:

Please don't change your name to Rham Rhobbie Sighn!!

I'd build my family a larger home

serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fnebula.wsimg.jpg

Hm, the 370 million yer left with after taxes seems kind of disappointingly little given the jackpot size if you lump sum it. I think I'd opt for the annuity instead, which comes in at just shy of 23.3 million per year for 30 years and you get just shy of double the total in 30 years.

So I would take my first 23 million - give 5% to a charity - so 1.15M to a deserving charity, probably something to benefit cancer patient children. Use another 1.1 to setup a trust to continue the charity in the future.

I'd use upto 3M to find and buy a big rural property with a small lake or large pond in a conservative friendly area with a good climate. Arkansas, Texas, Aridzona, Tennessee, Kentucky or Georgia would be tops on the list.

Another half million to build a nice, but modestly sized home on said land.

Half a mill into a large shop and small guest house on the property.

50k to buy a new truck

30k to buy a new boat

50k to buy a few new guns, ammo, and tqx stamps.

20k to take the family on one hell of a vacation

8M distributed to close friends and family

1M used to set up educational trusts for my kid, my favorite nephew, and 5 kids of my close friends to help pay for post high school education or vocation training.

1M to the best charity to help disabled veterans

1M to a charity geared toward suicide prevention for youths or vets

100k to blow on stupid shat

1M each to my biz partners, and a quarter million gift to my employees

The rest put into savings, retirement, and investment accounts as recommended by a good financial advisor.

The next 29 years, provided the government does not collapse or the fund does not get raided, I'd continually increase charitable donations, and deposits into trusts for my kid and select relatives. I'd spend my time trying to be the best husband and father to my family, spend more quality time with my friends and family, and hopefully not turn into a broke, penniless hilbilly drug addict living in a decrepit double wide like so many former lottery winners.

At Christmas, I'd be buying toys by the truck load for Toys for Tots and kids in the Shriners hospitals.

July 4th and Veterans Day - free big, catered BBQ for those who served and their families as a small Thank You.

May have to buy a Senator or Representative every few years to help stave off the typical washington BS...

You are correct, no the the Rancho Rauncho. You never stated how large the flag or the middle finger had to be, so that might be approved. Machine-guns approved. Large security system that has Clint Eastwood's voice saying "get off my lawn" approved. :s0116:

Oh and jewelry for me, but I guess that goes without saying.

Yah, I pretty much figured the name wouldn't fly. And the sparkly thing is even more assumed than my MG idea. :p

Please don't change your name to Rham Rhobbie Sighn!!

LMAO! I have no idea what those last three words mean, but I will take this advice and not change my name. If for no other reason that it sounds quite silly. This name sounds like a cult guy or something; no worries, I have no interest in that brand of wackiness. Or, wait, do I? Kidding!

No, my theory is that having acreage has provided a certain degree of freedom to be left alone and working towards self-sufficiency, so having square miles would provide even more so. :D

I'd build my family a larger home

View attachment 510352

And no messy Opti-Grab lawsuits! :s0155:

I would make sure every person I care about had the best medical coverage available.
Good health is your greatest wealth, just ask Paul Allen.

I'd likely go put on a new pair of underwear and pants from pooping my pants.

What is it, greater chance of getting struck by lightning after getting hit by a car all after getting bit by a shark.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top