JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back on topic... if the whole of NFA is rendered obsolete and repealed (right.... theres the HB relating to repealing NFA.. should be interesting) how bout selling the surplus A-10s to civilian companies... :s0064: yeah I know, "Private Military Contracror corporations bad" :rolleyes: but honestly.... I know many, including @Ura-Ki would jump 20 feet at the opportunity to own and fly a fully functional, arms-capable A-10 :D
I'm not a pilot, but I'd take one just for the gun! Have to sell the house just to feed it, but hey, priorities. :)

A SU-34 Fullback probably would be more appropriate then for Ukraine AF?? Armored, fast, heavy strike fighter. Basically a hybrid in functions of the F-111B and the F-15E. Edit. It entered service in 2014 in Russia, no way Ukraine would be able to acquire them without literally stealing/capturing. So its back to something from Poland, Germany, Czech Republic, or Georgia? View attachment 1245746View attachment 1245747View attachment 1245748

The article has the answer. They want f-16s. They know there are plenty of early jets sitting out in the desert, jets US won't want to use and also won't sell to friendly nations because those nations will pay beoucu bucks for new made vipers. (Poland anyone ? ). Speaking of Polish AF , it is also the template for transition from soviet equipment to f-16. 6-9 months from when you start , train on ANG hardware in US like the Poles did, while the mothballed f-16s take that same time to be brought back to life . That's what Ukraine is suggesting, but I highly doubt this will happen .

The article has the answer. They want f-16s. They know there are plenty of early jets sitting out in the desert, jets US won't want to use and also won't sell to friendly nations because those nations will pay beoucu bucks for new made vipers. (Poland anyone ? ). Speaking of Polish AF , it is also the template for transition from soviet equipment to f-16. 6-9 months from when you start , train on ANG hardware in US like the Poles did, while the mothballed f-16s take that same time to be brought back to life . That's what Ukraine is suggesting, but I highly doubt this will happen .
Wouldn't it be cheaper just to replace the Commander in Chief? :D

RE: interservice rivalry...... A friend, now retired from Boeing, was in a meeting with the USAF about the A 10. I think it had to do with upgrading it.

Somehow the subject of transferring the A 10 to the USMC came up. The USAF general running the meeting stated very, very forcefully that he'd see every one of them cut up before he'd let the Marines have them.

RE: interservice rivalry...... A friend, now retired from Boeing, was in a meeting with the USAF about the A 10. I think it had to do with upgrading it.

Somehow the subject of transferring the A 10 to the USMC came up. The USAF general running the meeting stated very, very forcefully that he'd see every one of them cut up before he'd let the Marines have them.

I highly doubt that would ever be even a half serious consideration. The marines mission is being focused on the pacific theater and amphibious ops. They got rid of their M1A1 for this very reason. A close air support platform that can't fly off ships is something they would never considered.

I highly doubt that would ever be even a half serious consideration. The marines mission is being focused on the pacific theater and amphibious ops. They got rid of their M1A1 for this very reason. A close air support platform that can't fly off ships is something they would never considered.
The A-10 could in theory... just it aint got arrester hook and catapault launch capacity.

Agree.

The attitude of the general as it relates to another service was my only point.

Last Edited:
I
Congress has also prevented the Marines from acquiring the AH-64 Apache, so they're stuck with the AH-1Z twin engined Cobras.
Ironically, the Cobra Zed is superior to the Apache in almost every way, for way less cost too! The only thing the Army does better is recon ops, the Marines could add that easy if they wanted and Congress approved!

I

Ironically, the Cobra Zed is superior to the Apache in almost every way, for way less cost too! The only thing the Army does better is recon ops, the Marines could add that easy if they wanted and Congress approved!
Wait just one minute! An air farce guy throws the Doggies under the wheels for the Crayon Eaters?

Ummm , no. If you believe that the Marine Corps mission is just focused on the Pacific region then you are seriously incorrect. Do I support their battle plan? No.

Ummm , no. If you believe that the Marine Corps mission is just focused on the Pacific region then you are seriously incorrect. Do I support their battle plan? No.
From Force Design 2030

With the shift in our primary focus to great power
competition and a renewed focus on the Indo-Pacific
region, the current force has shortfalls in capabilities
needed to support emerging joint, naval, and Marine
Corps operating concepts.

_nc_ohc=Os9l0slyJdwAX9_pBTN&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR