JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm in the market for a 9mm suppressor. I know everyone has their opinions at who has the best, so lets here them.

Requirements: 1/2-28 threads, less than 1.6" in diameter - in the mating area, under $1000, and maybe sold locally.

Thanks!

The 9mm SilencerCo Osprey dimensions are: 1.3"W × 1.75"H. If your trying to fit it a specific rail then it may be no go. I bought from Scott at Fort Moe Arms - LLC... Tactical and Home Defense firearms along with Suppressors and other NFA items.. It was an extremely smooth transaction.

Yeah, the 1.75"H isn't going to work. I took at look at their catalog and I do recognize them.
Thanks for the Fort Moe link. I noticed the 503 phone number on their website. Where in Oregon are they located?

Andy

Scott is located in Greshem off of Mclouglin. I've also bought from Andrew (Coctailer on this board) had it dealer transfered to Fort Moe in Greshem which took about 3 weeks then picked up from Scott. Both were profesional and curteous.

Yeah, the 1.75"H isn't going to work. I took at look at their catalog and I do recognize them.
Thanks for the Fort Moe link. I noticed the 503 phone number on their website. Where in Oregon are they located?

Andy

Hey so I am totally going to partially hijack this guy's thread. I have a bunch of glocks in 9mm. I really like the silencerco Osprey design because it doesn't obscure the sights as much as say, the TI-RANT 9. That is pretty important for a glock. Also, I think an Osprey 45 would be best because you can use it on so much (300blk etc). My question is this: Will a 45 suppressor on a 9mm provide less decibel reduction than a 9mm suppressor on a 9? How much of a difference is it?

Also what is your opinion on the Osprey being non user serviceable?

Thanks!

Hey so I am totally going to partially hijack this guy's thread. I have a bunch of glocks in 9mm. I really like the silencerco Osprey design because it doesn't obscure the sights as much as say, the TI-RANT 9. That is pretty important for a glock. Also, I think an Osprey 45 would be best because you can use it on so much (300blk etc). My question is this: Will a 45 suppressor on a 9mm provide less decibel reduction than a 9mm suppressor on a 9? How much of a difference is it?

Thanks!

Good question. Hijack approved.

I have an AAC EVO 9. The best part about the suppressor is you can get different attachments for it. You can have a solid mount or flexible (not sure this term is correct) to mount to a Glock with a floating barrel. I also have a 3 lug Navy mount for my HK SP89k. This one suppressor goes on many different guns for me. It is also fully auto rated but, you can not take it apart.

I have a tirant and love it, I would also recommend a octane 9 and if you want something that covers a lot of caliber (but is a pig, almost twice as heavy as my tirant) a liberty mystic is also very popular.

Typically a larger can on a smaller caliber will not suppress quite as well as "the proper can", but I think the benefit outweighs it in the ability to use on many more hosts.

Thanks!

Yeah, buy the can for the largest caliber you shoot and use it on any smaller-bore host too.
The name of the game in suppression is expansion volume, so a big ole .45 Osprey can will still work pretty well on a 9mm.

Also, it's not just about the dB level; the kind of sound it makes is important too. A big, wet can makes a noise that just doesn't sound like a gunshot. You can hear it, but you'd never guess what it is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top