JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was looking at Odessa 9 due to slim diameter so can use standard sights and was wondering what else is out there for slim design ones. What have you guys had good luck with that are slim diameter? Modularity is cool but not required. Thx for any thoughts!

Specs of Odessa 9 fyi:
EA9056C3-46E9-4B09-AF6B-203BDDA0959B.jpeg

SilencerCo Osprey 2.0 has more volume and is 1.3"

I really like my Osprey 45 suppressor. More like love it if I'm being honest.
It looks cool, fits a 1911 Colt pistol profile perfectly and I also use it on 9mm pistols.
When I was buying all of my cans before Obama changed the rules regarding gun trusts, I was persuaded to buy the .45 cal instead of the 9mm.
Couldn't be happier with it. I recently used it on a custom Chiappa 1892 octagon barreled 357/.38 spl lever gun that I had Velzey shorten, round & taper the front half of the barrel, along with threading the barrel for my Osprey 45.

Last Edited:
Ecco Machines has a can listed that is 1.25.

"The slender Phoenix IX suppressor is a 9mm handgun suppressor that offers impressive suppression in a lightweight can that is less obtrusive to your pistol's sights than common 1-3/8″ diameter cans. Despite it's smaller width, the tough stainless steel & titanium construction means you can run all your pistol rounds through it without worry! The serviceable design with indexing, interlocking stainless steel baffles makes cleaning a snap"

@ilikegunspdx

All of these are options for you to consider, but the smaller the can the less interior volume. But that volume is what slows down the gases to suppress the sound. That is why some buy the .45 sized as opposed to the 9

Suggestion: Don't buy the smallest, or the largest. And don't buy the least expensive or the most expensive. Find something within that range.

Happy shopping!

I'm a FFL/SOT and have several demo suppressors on hand, including an Odessa 9. The modularity of the Odessa 9 is very nice. You can lengthen it and shorten it quickly and easily. The low profile is nice, as stock height sights can be usable. Our demo is typically on a Glock 17 that also wears an optic, and we have suppressor height sights on that one.

Everyone is correct about volume. There are trade-offs for any design. The ability to easily add or subtract baffles on the Odessa 9 is a great feature for many folks. If you may use it on more than one firearm, or size of firearm, you can experiment and see what works best for you on each one. I am personally a fan of them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top