JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Home invasion type incident took place this morning. Continued text threats on my life from perp. I refuse to live like that.
I had a 38 S&W yrs.ago, comfortable using it or:
Interest in a 9mm. Have heard good things.

Last Edited:
May want to just browse the Handgun Classifieds instead of posting your number in an open forum.

If your 'home invader' is texting you, I suspect you have other problems... Probably start with a restraining order too... Then again, if there was a hone invasion, seems you know who did it... I think an arrest might be in their future, if you press charges of course:eek:

Last Edited:
images.jpeg

-Thanks for the tip.
-I was offered no option for restraining order from police... That would have been nice. Then again, I messaged the responding officer that I found the knife used and they still haven't returned to get it.
-Yes, I do know the perp. Somewhat at least .
-Yes, I absolutely will press charges.
-I can only hope they catch him. I am terrified. But, doubtful since unfortunately the police seemed unmotivated.
-I've never purchased a gun, assumed it would be a wait time that is unacceptable for me.
-I will go to the NW Armory, thank you .
-I'm neither suspicious, nor a dog.

Appreciate the advice. May not be the best approach, but I'm trying during a very traumatic time. I don't have anyone to ask. Sorry.

-Thanks for the tip.
-I was offered no option for restraining order from police... That would have been nice. Then again, I messaged the responding officer that I found the knife used and they still haven't returned to get it.
-Yes, I do know the perp. Somewhat at least .
-Yes, I absolutely will press charges.
-I can only hope they catch him. I am terrified. But, doubtful since unfortunately the police seemed unmotivated.
-I've never purchased a gun, assumed it would be a wait time that is unacceptable for me.
-I will go to the NW Armory, thank you .
-I'm neither suspicious, nor a dog.

Appreciate the advice. May not be the best approach, but I'm trying during a very traumatic time. I don't have anyone to ask. Sorry.
As long as you have a clean record and are not forbidden from owning, you should normally have same day as purchase. I would suggest you handle several firearms and make sure you are comfortable with the one you purchase. It may be a good idea to go to a local range and get some help with trying different handguns. Also get some training so that you are safely handling.
I hope all works out for you and your safety. If you need any help or advise I would be happy to try and advise.
I would go to the courthouse ASAP and do your best to get a restraining order and make sure you document ALL contact and harassment.

Best wishes.

I would assume so. I'm not a criminal nor a mental health risk... Do I need to apply for a background check first even when purchasing from private seller? Or, what? I'm lost. The laws keep changing and varies by state.

I would assume so. I'm not a criminal nor a mental health risk... Do I need to apply for a background check first even when purchasing from private seller? Or, what? I'm lost. The laws keep changing and varies by state.
ALL purchases whether through gun shop or private party are REQUIRED to have a 4473 federal background check that is to be performed by a licensed FFL. When you go in you fill out the form and they run it right then. Typically it takes 15-20 minutes and cost $10 when buying a firearm.

Threat Dynamics is close and you can try different pistols there before buying. They also offer classes, if you need a refresher.

NW Armory is good too, or Oregon Rifle Works.

There is no arbitrary waiting period in Oregon. You can select the gun you want, fill out a form, pass a background check, pay, and leave with your new gun in under 30 minutes.

Northwest Armory is in Tigard and they have a selection of new guns in the $200-300 range

Northwest Armory - Handguns In Stock

Cabela's is near you and they are open until 9PM

Semiautomatic Pistols, Semiautomatic Handguns

You might want to take a few minutes to read this article before you go shopping The American Rifleman Ladies Pistol Project

Contrary to the common advice that women should choose a revolver, most of the women in the article disliked the revolvers they tried and preferred small semi-auto pistols such as the SIG P238.

The SIG Sauer P238 earned the highest overall rank in the survey. Ironically, the little SIG, a .380 ACP pocket pistol, found the most favor with those ladies who have larger hands. It was praised for its effortless slide manipulation, bright sights, single-action, M1911-style trigger and superb recoil management. All of the women shot it well. "We often hear this feedback directly from women who shoot the P238 and from trainers, as well as retailers who sell the gun to ladies," said Tom Taylor, chief marketing officer and executive vice president of commercial sales at SIG Sauer. "It is a visually appealing gun, but more importantly, we believe it is a more functional, accurate and comfortable gun for women to shoot because of its quality, weight and trigger."

Before looking at semiauto pistols make sure you know the easy way to rack a slide

There is no arbitrary waiting period in Oregon. You can select the gun you want, fill out a form, pass a background check, pay, and leave with your new gun in under 30 minutes.

Northwest Armory is in Tigard and they have a selection of new guns in the $200-300 range

Northwest Armory - Handguns In Stock

Cabela's is near you and they are open until 9PM

Semiautomatic Pistols, Semiautomatic Handguns

You might want to take a few minutes to read this article before you go shopping The American Rifleman Ladies Pistol Project

Contrary to the common advice that women should choose a revolver, most of the women in the article disliked the revolvers they tried and preferred small semi-auto pistols such as the SIG P238.

Before looking at semiauto pistols make sure you know the easy way to rack a slide

Excellent advice here

This afternoon around 3pm the wait on getting the 4473 background check to be ok'd was 5 minutes. You could probably google "4473" and see what the form looks like, look at the very few questions on it.

Ask to look at a Smith & Wesson hammerless revolver.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads