JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Depends on what type of lower you want as well...

Do you want a generic AR-15 lower, AR.308 lower, AR-9mm lower (colt or glock style mags)?

ormondarms has generics from about $59-86 range depending on the finish you want..cheapest is unfinished with no engraving. they add something like $10 for engraving the safe-fire positions, and another $10 for anodized. Another $5ish for Cerakote. They're also made out of 7075-T6 Aluminum. That's something to look for when searching for an 80% lower If you want it to be mil-spec material. 6061 is NOT mil-spec material for the lower receiver or the upper receiver To some that's not a big deal, and to others it is. Up to you if you care about that.

That's about the going rate for them right now unless you get multi-packs of them or catch them on sale during slower sales times (which is definitely not now)

As for the actual machining of them: easiest method is with a router-jig like 5-D tacticals jig.. I'd say it's almost foolproof, but then I would be greatly underestimating fools... You don't need to be a machinist to use a router jig so long as you know your way around power tools like a drill and a router.

Last Edited:
ormondarms has generics from about $59-86 range depending on the finish you want..cheapest is unfinished with no engraving. they add something like $10 for engraving the safe-fire positions, and another $10 for anodized. Another $5ish for Cerakote.

That's about the going rate for them right now unless you get multi-packs of them or catch them on sale during slower sales times (which is definitely not now)

As for the actual machining of them: easiest method is with a router-jig like 5-D tacticals jig.. I'd say it's almost foolproof, but then I would be greatly underestimating fools... You don't need to be a machinist to use a router jig so long as you know your way around power tools like a drill and a router.

I can attest to the 5D jig. My first one was flawless. You literally can't see any machining marks or anything. Lower assembled perfectly. Very pleased even with how spendy the jig was

FNG here. Did a basic DuckDuckGo search ( because f*** google) and saw that most, what I considered reputable sites, were out of 80%ers. So I went to Limitless America and picked up couple there... for 155 each. Feel like a moron now, how much $$$ would a simple NWF search would have saved me. :mad:
feel free to make fun. :s0057:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR