JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RighttoBear is good to go, I've bought a lot of stuff from them.
That's the direction I'm leaning at the moment. I have many matrix arms, like the quality and know what to expect, but $8 more each, when you're already paying more than double what I did the last time I bought a batch of 'em... it adds up.

No particular project in mind at the moment so shipping speed I couldn't really care less about, but prices are considerably better than the last time I took a look around. In the chance the ATF bends us over once again, entirely better to retain some freedoms than not, IMHO.

Correct. The difference with most already having the fire selector area pocket (right side) vs. milling it (left photo).
View attachment 1156282
It just makes a bit more work and cleanup on the selector holes for smooth operation.
Ah, yes, right! I remember that now. It's been so long since mine fell in the river that I've forgotten...

When you say "transfer and BGC", I'm assuming you bought stripped lowers, and not 80%'ers?
That's criminally cheap for stripped lowers. You practically stole those things! :eek:
YEP, when the price of AR's went to all time lows the price of stripped lowers was to the point they were all but giving them away for a while. Some FFL's were deep in forms transferring them in multiple's and the market stayed flooded for good while.

I decided to pick up some of the RTB's. Not the cheapest, but seems to be the most bang for the buck in terms of quality/features... I'm hoping. ;)

I'll see how they compare to the Matrix Arms. I KNOW I like MA's, but $8 more a pop is getting a little steep when you really don't even have any builds in mind at the moment. :D

According to their CS rep their forged and billet lowers are 7075.
Their site is a little confusing. Their "premium" 80 lower (not in stock and appears to have very old prices listed) clearly says 7075, but not sure if it was T6 treaated or not. The newer active listing says nothing. I guess I tend to assume that if it is not specifically listed as 7075 or 7075-T6, it's more than more likely 6061.

Kind of along the lines of... if your product has a great selling point and justifies a higher price point, why wouldn't they clearly advertise it? Not all inclusive or founded on any fact, but just how my mind works... or what's left of it. ;)

Last Edited:
Yep. I couldn't fit selector switches, or triggers in any of mine. It was like the manufacturer didn't complete the last 20% of the machining. I feel totally ripped off, so I just threw them in the lake. I'm totally going to give them a negative Yelp review, now.
I get it now..... 🤣

Last Edited:
You guys are referring to the matrix arms?? If so, I've never had a single problem and all have fit flawlessly with only some minor tweaking on a couple. Swapping the lowers around though I was able to determine it was more an issue with the upper than the lower. IE., perfect fit on 4 different brand uppers but not as well on 1 other that needed a little tweaking.

The ones I have where purchased back in 2018ish.
I do believe that that was supposed to be pokin fun type of post.

Their site is a little confusing. Their "premium" 80 lower (not in stock and appears to have very old prices listed) clearly says 7075, but not sure if it was T6 treaated or not. The newer active listing says nothing. I guess I tend to assume that if it is not specifically listed as 7075 or 7075-T6, it's more than more likely 6061.

Kind of along the lines of... if your product has a great selling point and justifies a higher price point, why wouldn't they clearly advertise it? Not all inclusive or founded on any fact, but just how my mind works... or what's left of it. ;)
I never see 6061 forged lowers, so it is a pretty safe bet their forged stuff is 7075. I contacted them specifically about their billet lowers. They stated 7075, like their forged lowers. Time will tell. Kept the email just in case.

https://www.durkintactical.com/product/ar-15-lower-receiver-80-black-anodized-billet/

I noticed the past couple of days a lot of 80% AR lowers being advertised on sale.No doubt trying to dump stock or take advantage of the pending ATF determination. It's tempting, but what's the going rate these days? Looking mainly for anodized, 7075-T6 and prefer "fire-safe" etched.

Most of what I'm seeing so far is going for $50-$60-ish with most having shipping charges in the $8-$15 range.

Good? Bad? Ugly?
Tell you this much, I, on my own accord, paid $155 for a lower mid-summer of 2020. :rolleyes:
$70 bucks a pop seems like a steal now :D

Tell you this much, I, on my own accord, paid $155 for a lower mid-summer of 2020.:rolleyes:
$70 bucks a pop seems like a steal now:D
True that! I've kind of poked around 3 or 4 times in the past couple years and found availability quite an issue. What was around, absolutely rediculous pricing from what I was used to paying just a couple years prior to that. $50-$70 is still darn near double what I paid last time around but I'm betting it's not going down much below where it is now anytime soon. I jumped on a few while the pan was hot and should keep me going for a very long while.

Worst case, I can be a sleeze-ball, wait 6 months and resell them for 3 times what I paid today, right! ;)

You're not alone in that line of thinking...

...maybe there collectable....
Not at all. I would say it's less common than it used to be, but 6061 isn't all that rare (mainly billet lowers). It does have some avantages. It's more corrosion resistant than 7075 and softer. Meaning... easier to mill and less wear and tear on your milling equipment. The "con" being... it's softer. Deformation is more a potential issue, but not a given. IE., pin hole wear and/or elongation.

7075-T6 is approx. 1.5x the strength of 6061-T6 so it's typically more desireable since, although a little more effort to mill, you only have to do it once and it's good for life. ;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR