JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I noticed the past couple of days a lot of 80% AR lowers being advertised on sale.No doubt trying to dump stock or take advantage of the pending ATF determination. It's tempting, but what's the going rate these days? Looking mainly for anodized, 7075-T6 and prefer "fire-safe" etched.

Most of what I'm seeing so far is going for $50-$60-ish with most having shipping charges in the $8-$15 range.

Good? Bad? Ugly?

I noticed the past couple of days a lot of 80% AR lowers being advertised on sale.No doubt trying to dump stock or take advantage of the pending ATF determination. It's tempting, but what's the going rate these days? Looking mainly for anodized, 7075-T6 and prefer "fire-safe" etched.

Most of what I'm seeing so far is going for $50-$60-ish with most having shipping charges in the $8-$15 range.

Good? Bad? Ugly?
pistol parts may be next to get dumped, I have noticed a lot of them appearing on the NWFA classifieds.

Is anyone aware of any "too good to pass up" type deals at the moment?

I'm considering righttobear, but not familiar at all with their products and the shipping is on the higher end.

There are a bunch of threads on how to spot scam websites. Just use the site Search feature and search for "scam".
I'm not too concerned about righttobear being a scam or not. I know they are legit but just not familiar with their lowers. They "look" good compared to some of the others I seen today, but also on the higher side of the current "sale prices" and shipping. Not sure if it's actually worth a little more than the rest or if there are better options others might be aware of.

Good? Bad? Ugly?
$50-$60 is a good price for 80% 7075 lowers. When I was buying them a coupla years ago, 3-packs were $150 back then. Gitchoosum!

...3-packs were $150 back then. Gitchoosum!
No joke. Last time I bought a few, they were $37ea and free shipping (Matrix Arms via Brownell's). Glad I picked up a half dozen or so but they sure got used up quick. ;)

Last Edited:
Glad I picked up a half dozen or so but they sure got used up quick. ;)
All of mine ended up in the river... :(

Boating accident.JPG

Good? Bad? Ugly?
DURKin tactical

About the cheapest I've found is the PSD (Palmetto State Defense). Looks to be some additional milling to do for the fire selector, no "fire/safe" etching and some reviews are commenting on the quality of the anodizing. About $20 cheaper than the other two I'm looking at though (Matrix Arms $78 shipped and RTB $72 shipped). PSD comes in at $58 w/shipping.

About the cheapest I've found is the PSD (Palmetto State Defense). Looks to be some additional milling to do for the fire selector, no "fire/safe" etching and some reviews are commenting on the quality of the anodizing. About $20 cheaper than the other two I'm looking at though (Matrix Arms $78 shipped and RTB $72 shipped). PSD comes in at $58 w/shipping.
You're looking at this? https://www.psdmfg.com/product/80-forged-lower-receiver-anodized/

What do you mean by "additional milling to do for the fire selector"? That's the lion's share of the 20% to finish out the lower (~15% for the FCG hole, and ~5% for the selector switch and trigger pin holes). Or are you talking about "additional milling" to create the "FIRE" and "SAFE" etchings? o_O

Have you looked at Palmetto State Armory?
EDIT: Never mind - all OOS.

Last Edited:
$50-$60 is a good price for 80% 7075 lowers. When I was buying them a coupla years ago, 3-packs were $150 back then. Gitchoosum!
A couple of years ago I bought a 3 pack of Anderson lowers for $99. Free shipping over $100 so bought a CH for $12. Transfer and BGC brought the total for those three lowers to $134.

A couple of years ago I bought a 3 pack of Anderson lowers for $99. Free shipping over $100 so bought a CH for $12. Transfer and BGC brought the total for those three lowers to $134.
When you say "transfer and BGC", I'm assuming you bought stripped lowers, and not 80%'ers?
That's criminally cheap for stripped lowers. You practically stole those things! :eek:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR