JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I gotta ask the question no one is. What is wrong with our young men that they feel this is their only outlet is this? It's a reoccurring theme some young man feels marginalized and this is the way they act out. What is missing from their lives?
My thought is that we constantly tell kids, youth, and students how good they are, and that they deserve certain things, that everyone is on equal ground.... then when they get older and realize that some people are on lower and some are on higher ground, they feel that is unfair. I think everyone realizes it, but certain people just cannot cope.

From his "manifesto."

6. Rodger details throughout his manifesto that he filled a void in his life with violent video games starting at a young age.

Yet, the creators of these games vigorously defend their obsession with violence. Parents let their kids play these games starting at a very young age--easier than spending time with their kids, I suppose. Nothing to see here folks, move along...

3 or 4 were stabbed to death, but you only hear about shooting.
Exactly. He stabbed 3 to death in his apartment. Shot 3 in his spree at the sorority house etc., and then injured 4 more by hitting them with his car.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/24/sheriff-elliot-rodger-stabbed-3-shot-3-to-death-in-murder-spree/

Doesn't anyone want to step up and blame BMW?
Or how about that fancy cutlery they advertise on cooking shows?
Kershaw mebbe?

Of course the news clip shows the father of one of the victims blaming guns, pro-gun politics, and the NRA.

They are howling about the number of unfired rounds he had in his car, when they should be asking how many rounds the "trained" members of the various police agencies discharged in their attempt(s) to stop this kid, before he gave up suicide by cop and took matters into his own hands.

How freaking hypocritical can you get?

Isla Vista shooting lays bare gun control failures

The aftermath of Friday night's murder spree in California could provide a serious setback for gun prohibitionists now trying to pander Golden State-style laws around the country, including the so-called "universal background check" (UBC) that alleged killer Elliot Rodger passed to purchase three handguns legally at retail…

<broken link removed>

He goes on and on the video I saw about being a virgin. Seems to me an argument could be made to legalize prostitution. Going a step further, why didn't he just drive the three hours to Nevada where it is legal?

Going a step further, why didn't he just drive the three hours to Nevada where it is legal?
NOT to defend his actions at all but he probably wanted a relationship, not just sex. I am sure however his condition prevented him from having even the most basic interpersonal skills so even communicating with women for him was probably non-existant.

Stabbed three (is this the Knifemakers Guilds fault?)
Shot three (so this must be the NRA's fault)
Ran over 4 (is this AAA fault or maybe BMW's Oh I know its all BIG OILS fault)

My vote goes for the Bat Sh1t Crazy SOB who committed the crimes

I'm to the right of Rush Limbaugh, and I'm wondering the same thing.

Perhaps the lack of ability to lock up nut cases thanks to bad case law brought on the ACLU? Maybe?

And all of those anti-government types who thought it was a good thing when Reagan balanced the state budget by closing all of California's mental hospitals. When the family sought mental health intervention for the kid it was the police (?!!!!) who showed up to interview him. They declared him a normal and pleasant young man. Had this guy been interviewed by a competent mental health professional he'd have been flagged immediately as a danger to society. But we don't have a system of locked down mental facilities anymore, so there'd be nothing to do with him but release him to his family and recommend outpatient therapy. The guy in the video is dangerously paranoid and delusional.

No so called assault rifle, no mags over 10 rounds. Passed a BGC. Everything legal by CA gun control rules.
Most of the recent shootings have not involved an AR/AK or mags over 10 rounds. Shot guns and handguns have been used.
The anti's must be upset that they can't blame some evil black gun or lack of BGC's to further their lame cause. Of course they will ignore the fact that crazy people do crazy things no matter what gun laws they pass.

The anti's must be upset that they can't blame some evil black gun or lack of BGC's to further their lame cause. Most of the recent shootings have not involved an AR/AK or mags over 10 rounds. Shot guns and handguns have been used.
Yes but watch out for them moving their 'game' to a new venue or level or 'shifting gears' entirely such as something like, "Well it looks like our efforts are working with the high cap military style rifles because the recent shootings have not involved an AR/AK or mags over 10 rounds." "So now it appears our efforts will have to include guns such as lessor capacity pistols and shotguns since their use seems to be on the increase" Or something to this effect.

Reacting to each mass shooting with panic of our own is stooping to the level of the gun control crowd, and we already know how poor their track record is of accomplishing anything. :D

Sit back, relax, join or donate to the NRA/NSSF/CalGuns/etc., and most importantly: VOTE.

I'm happy to report that despite what the media is reporting, people seem to be savvy to the fact that CA already has some of the strictest gun controls laws on the books.

The problem is the media giving every little bubblegum his 15 minutes of infamy and encouraging other low-life's. They won't publish names of rape victims or minors who commit crimes but they splash the faces and stories of these pieces of trash in everybody's home and computer with money-making glee.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top