JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, Martinez, like many others blames the gun and gun supporters. Never mind the knife, never mind the car, never mind countless mental health system failures. He stated this tragedy wouldn't have happened without the gun - and that's all he can see for the blinders of hatred he now wears. I feel sorry for him, I really do. He's grieving. But that doesn't suddenly make him an expert on the issue. He really should just shut his mouth and go take care of his family. A person in his mental state is in no position to demand changes that affect everyone else based on his personal loss. It's frustrating to watch the media keeping splashing this guy on the screen. What about the other families? The ones whose kids were stabbed to death? Don't they have a voice?

I just really hate the obvious anti-gun agenda pushed by so much of the media.

He sure isn't blaming himself at all. When bad sh-- happens my first instinct is to blame myself, later after careful analysis I blame the wife!
Seriously though he doesn't even seem to entertain the idea that him and his family over indulged this BMW driving, unemployed, egotistical........
My kid has had a few behavior problems, mostly disrespectful, mouthy kind of stuff and I KNOW for sure some of it is our fault. Compared to her peers she's pretty good but I won't take the easy way out shrugging my shoulders and blaming others, I work the problem, that's what a parent is supposed to do.

He sure isn't blaming himself at all. When bad sh-- happens my first instinct is to blame myself, later after careful analysis I blame the wife!
Seriously though he doesn't even seem to entertain the idea that him and his family over indulged this BMW driving, unemployed, egotistical........
My kid has had a few behavior problems, mostly disrespectful, mouthy kind of stuff and I KNOW for sure some of it is our fault. Compared to her peers she's pretty good but I won't take the easy way out shrugging my shoulders and blaming others, I work the problem, that's what a parent is supposed to do.

He's the dad of one of the victims.

OOPS! Thanks, I thought that was Elliot Rodger's Dad for some reason, I guess we haven't heard from him.
I of course blame my wife for this mistake. She's had me too busy to follow this story properly.
Please disregard 1st half of my post everyone!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...revealed-investigators-search-moms-house.htmlThis comes as the aunt of British born murderer Elliot Rodger made an impassioned appeal on Sunday to Barack Obama and the U.S. authorities to 'Stop the slaughter.'
Jenni Rodger, 55, who lives in south west France, said: 'He was a sick kid – somebody who was seriously mentally disturbed – and yet he was able to get hold of guns.'
Ms Rodger said such attacks had become all too frequent in a country where weapons can be bought with ease – even by students.
'You can see from the pictures on TV that Elliot did not even look 22 – and yet he was still able to get hold of those guns.'

Same article, from the father:

Peter Rodger's own breakthrough into Hollywood came in 2009, when Elliot was aged 17, with the release of his film documentary Oh My God, featuring Ringo Starr, Hugh Jackman and Baz Luhrmann and their views on organised religion.
But he made it clear that the success had been achieved at some price to his family life.
The project took Peter to 23 countries and he said in an interview that the previous three years had been tough on his family. He included Elliot in the on-screen credits, along with his sister Georgia.
He said: 'I put my family through a lot of difficulties making this film because I was away a long time.'
Of children, added: 'Kids are the purest form of humans. It's when the influences around them start affecting them – their parents, their schools, their society, their culture, their country, their belief systems – that they start to become the people they are.

But Mr. Martinez isn't done talking....

Father of Isla Vista victim joins the 'You don't need' chorus

Asserting in an interview with Inside Edition last night, Richard Martinez, father of Isla Vista victim Christopher Martinez, joined the "You don't need" chorus of gun control proponents who have unilaterally decided how many firearms and how much ammunition someone should have based on "need."

<broken link removed>

Asserting in an interview with Inside Edition last night, Richard Martinez, father of Isla Vista victim Christopher Martinez, joined the "You don't need" chorus of gun control proponents who have unilaterally decided how many firearms and how much ammunition someone should have based on "need."

<broken link removed>

Maybe he should try to tell that to this guy:

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

The comments on USA Today are surprisingly pro-2nd Amendment.

It may just be me, but I'm getting the impression that more and more folks are starting to get a little irritated with parading families around to promote the anti-gun agenda. It shows that the media doesn't have compassion for the victim's families, but just highlights their anti-gun agenda. The proof? Where are the stories about the victim's families that aren't up on a soap box demanding more gun control? Silence.

It may just be me, but I'm getting the impression that more and more folks are starting to get a little irritated with parading families around to promote the anti-gun agenda.

I don't think that there are more folks than than before, I just think there are more folks being vocal about it. Pre-Sandy Hook I never ventured past gun forums. Now I'm on twitter (@2ndAmendmnt - which is on it's 15th suspension by the way for fighting with overly Liberal, gun-control tards that don't know the difference between semi-auto and full-auto), I'm lurking through articles and commenting back, I'm writting legislators and getting involved, locally, with educating the community on what a militia actually is and how it should be.

Just a few years ago I would just be silent and go to the range. I may have had an opinion about things, but never ventured past gripping to you guys (i.e. preaching to the choir).

We all need to get on the offensive and start confronting this bias media. We also need to start actually telling our legislators what we think of their votes and the bills that come across their desk. We also need to stop staying in the shadows in fear of being seeing as a nutbag.

Voice your opinion before your mouth is muzzled.

CNN poll: Majority rejecting calls for new gun laws after Isla Vista

An admittedly unscientific poll on the CNN website Wednesday asking whether the United States needs stricter gun control laws has drawn a lopsided "no" reaction from visitors to the site, with the latest figures showing 61 percent opposition to the question.

<broken link removed>

I hate CNN...I hate them soooo much.

Too bad CNN will never run a story featuring the continually growing number of women that are choosing to arm themselves in order to have some protection against people like the "virgin killer" Elliot Rodgers. They love to opine about women being victims, and want them to have the power to defend themselves - as long as they don't use guns. They'd rather have them pee all over themselves. Yet pro-2A folks encourage women to be strong by arming themselves to level the playing field against the bad guys - and somehow that makes US the bad guys. I honestly think there must be a lot of viewers with mental issues out there for CNN to have any viewers whatsoever.

The standard and defective liberal reaction will be - blame things and not people.
The standard reaction is to blame anything except the perpetrator - guns if used, but if not used then blame anything else that would not infer responsibility on the perp, if that doesn't work then blame society in general, and just keep casting about blaming an individuals behavior on anything else they don't like.

But do not blame the individual themselves - unless the individual fits into one of the categories of people they dislike - and then blame the category.

CNN poll: Majority rejecting calls for new gun laws after Isla Vista

An admittedly unscientific poll on the CNN website Wednesday asking whether the United States needs stricter gun control laws has drawn a lopsided "no" reaction from visitors to the site, with the latest figures showing 61 percent opposition to the question.

<broken link removed>
I don't know how much difference it makes, but the poll is on their International Edition and not on the US Edition.

Hmmm...

I wonder what would happen to a conservative wishing death upon liberals, homosexuals or Muslims?

Untitled-2.png

There are over 319.9 million people living in the US.
There will always be barking mad nut jobs that want to harm innocent folks.
I'm surprised that this doesn't happen every day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top