Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

7 Dead in drive-by near UC Santa Barbara...

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Joe Link, May 24, 2014.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Really sad waking up to news like this...

Rather than linking to any one news story, I'll just recommend people read Drudge for the latest developments.

http://www.drudgereport.com

2. Qaolin

Qaolin 1 A.U. from a G2 near Beaverton Old Army Cook Silver Supporter

Elliot Rodger's last video

3. Bacchus

Bacchus The Republic Active Member

Decades of liberal politics is going to start catching up to them ...

4. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

To bad none of the victims could shoot back.

Bacchus, Sgt Nambu, gryghin and 7 others like this.
  5. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

+1 BAMCIS, I literally said this out loud as I was watching the Santa Barbara Sheriff. I wished he could have heard it. That piece of bubblegum is just as guilty as the shooter IMO.

BAMCIS likes this.
  6. Silver02ex

Silver02ex Hillsboro, OR Member

I wonder what Dianne Feinstein has to stay about this. I'm sure she'll make some lame excuse about not having enough restriction in CA.

7. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

Anyone seen anything about what type/model of firearm he was using?

8. 2ndtimer

2ndtimer SE Washington state Active Member

According to a report I read, it was 2 Sig Sauer P226's and a Glock 34 Long Slide. The report also stated he had 41 loaded 10 round magazines. So it could have been much worse. Perhaps we need laws against sociopathic narcissists. The video posted is very telling. Spoiled rotten young man, hating everyone who could couldn't see just how awesome he was. (which was everyone, since all could see he was a spoiled rotten selfish POS, who didn't care about anyone or anything other than his own gratification) There is a difference between evil and madness. Madness doesn't realize it is evil. Evil relishes in itself.

Riot, Frankenrifle, Eugenian and 4 others like this.
  9. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

So "liberal politics" caused this incident? How does that work?

MikeE likes this.
  10. davef

davef S.E. pdx Active Member

Glad the 10 round mags are working so well for ya CA...

Caveman Jim, Riot and Frankenrifle like this.
  11. BAMCIS

I'm to the right of Rush Limbaugh, and I'm wondering the same thing.

Perhaps the lack of ability to lock up nut cases thanks to bad case law brought on the ACLU? Maybe?

ZigZagZeke likes this.
  12. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

I gotta ask the question no one is. What is wrong with our young men that they feel this is their only outlet is this? It's a reoccurring theme some young man feels marginalized and this is the way they act out. What is missing from their lives?

Sgt Nambu, MikeE and MTpockets like this.
  13. BAMCIS

Oh great. I just read the president of UC Santa Barbara is none other than Janet Napolitano.

14. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

I am glad elaborated, as I think we are on the same page. This seems like the perfect example of what can happens when kids are raised in an "everybody wins" environment. They don't fail, they don't learn how to fail and get back up again. Failure and suffering is part of growing up and I just wonder if kids get enough of it. Life isn't fair, not everybody wins.

15. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Looks like instead of firearms bashing, their new tactic is overall amount of ammunition in one persons possession and also the total magazine
    (or in their words "clips") in one persons possession.. Which is silly because open carry is illegal as is mag capacities over 10 rounds.. So of course he just purchased multiple 10rnd mags and carried however he wanted.

SPU likes this.
  16. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

I'd say liberal or whatever you want to call it attitudes and teachings. Life is supposed to be fair, everybody wins, everybody is normal and to be accepted no matter what etc.
    Kids today are kept too insulated from the normal rejections and unpleasantness of real life. They don't realize the truth until around High school when a lot of the protections are gone. If they suddenly find out that they are social losers in the game of life, some of them snap.

razormanxx likes this.
  17. d2the3

d2the3 Eugene, Oregon Well-Known Member

We (all other men) deserve to die cause this dude can't get laid.........WTF kinda logic is that? He should have set his sights a little lower on the 1-10 scale.

18. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

Why did this guy even make it through college? Spoiled little rich boy I guess? What a sicko!

hker71 likes this.
  19. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

Just goes to show you that anyone is capable of evil. Even spoiled brats.

I'm not attractive to most women, doesn't mean I'm gonna fly off the deep end.

I'm wondering what Diane will say, the guns were legally purchased and he showed alarming signs before and the cops showed up and said he was polite and courteous. Then bam...

20. SPU

SPU Southwest Oregon Old Fart

He clearly had a narcissistic personality disorder. You can't fix that with therapy. Narcissists are not born, but created by a lifetime of overindulgence, IMHO. This man had a choice to see himself as the problem, or everybody else. He chose everybody else and used a knife, car and guns to lash out at all those people who couldn't see how perfect he was. I think it is as simple and as frightening as that.

How do we change that? My thought is less permissive upbringing is my answer. You don't have to beat your kids, but you do have to allow them to fall, skin their knees and pick themselves up from adversities; and in the process learn how to adapt to failure and changes in relationships and situations. There is no quick or easy fix.

For every complex problem there is a simple and incorrect solution.