JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
+1 BAMCIS, I literally said this out loud as I was watching the Santa Barbara Sheriff. I wished he could have heard it. That piece of bubblegum is just as guilty as the shooter IMO.

Anyone seen anything about what type/model of firearm he was using?
According to a report I read, it was 2 Sig Sauer P226's and a Glock 34 Long Slide. The report also stated he had 41 loaded 10 round magazines. So it could have been much worse. Perhaps we need laws against sociopathic narcissists. The video posted is very telling. Spoiled rotten young man, hating everyone who could couldn't see just how awesome he was. (which was everyone, since all could see he was a spoiled rotten selfish POS, who didn't care about anyone or anything other than his own gratification) There is a difference between evil and madness. Madness doesn't realize it is evil. Evil relishes in itself.

I gotta ask the question no one is. What is wrong with our young men that they feel this is their only outlet is this? It's a reoccurring theme some young man feels marginalized and this is the way they act out. What is missing from their lives?

Hard work and brief periods of suffering. (Lending to the inability to appreciate their existence)
Role Models (Live in person type... not media hyped)

edited to elaborate.
I am glad elaborated, as I think we are on the same page. This seems like the perfect example of what can happens when kids are raised in an "everybody wins" environment. They don't fail, they don't learn how to fail and get back up again. Failure and suffering is part of growing up and I just wonder if kids get enough of it. Life isn't fair, not everybody wins.

Looks like instead of firearms bashing, their new tactic is overall amount of ammunition in one persons possession and also the total magazine
(or in their words "clips") in one persons possession.. Which is silly because open carry is illegal as is mag capacities over 10 rounds.. So of course he just purchased multiple 10rnd mags and carried however he wanted.

So "liberal politics" caused this incident? How does that work?
I'd say liberal or whatever you want to call it attitudes and teachings. Life is supposed to be fair, everybody wins, everybody is normal and to be accepted no matter what etc.
Kids today are kept too insulated from the normal rejections and unpleasantness of real life. They don't realize the truth until around High school when a lot of the protections are gone. If they suddenly find out that they are social losers in the game of life, some of them snap.

We (all other men) deserve to die cause this dude can't get laid.........WTF kinda logic is that? He should have set his sights a little lower on the 1-10 scale.

Just goes to show you that anyone is capable of evil. Even spoiled brats.

I'm not attractive to most women, doesn't mean I'm gonna fly off the deep end.

I'm wondering what Diane will say, the guns were legally purchased and he showed alarming signs before and the cops showed up and said he was polite and courteous. Then bam...

He clearly had a narcissistic personality disorder. You can't fix that with therapy. Narcissists are not born, but created by a lifetime of overindulgence, IMHO. This man had a choice to see himself as the problem, or everybody else. He chose everybody else and used a knife, car and guns to lash out at all those people who couldn't see how perfect he was. I think it is as simple and as frightening as that.

How do we change that? My thought is less permissive upbringing is my answer. You don't have to beat your kids, but you do have to allow them to fall, skin their knees and pick themselves up from adversities; and in the process learn how to adapt to failure and changes in relationships and situations. There is no quick or easy fix.

For every complex problem there is a simple and incorrect solution.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top