JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's funny. Other than the .40 a few of these calibers are the only ones in stock at my LGS...precisely because nobody shoots them anymore therefore nobody buys.
Those of us that "roll our own" don't buy from the LGS or BiMart and I've got plenty of .32 S&W Long, .32 ACP, and .25 ACP along with plenty of brass and bullets. As well as molds and the dies to size and lubricate my cast bullets. For those that think those cartridges are worthless think about catching a few in the face. But then getting shot by anything isn't all that great. I once had a Colt "Baby" that had been used in a murder, all it took was one shot to the pump and the fight was over. I got rid of it only because it was the most inaccurate pistol I ever had, it couldn't hit a paper plate at eight feet. While my Model 21A Beretta will place them all on the plate at 12 feet.

Fair enough, should you change your mind my free disposal service is always available.
The .32 ACP is under rated due to it's lower pressure loadings by American manufacturers, in most European loadings it is quite adequate for self defense. And it penetrates well at self defense distances. I carry a Beretta 21A in .25 ACP most times with Glaser Safety Slugs (two spare magazines fit in the watch pocket of my jeans nicely) and both times I shot an animal in the brain they didn't even twitch. So I think I'll hang on to them.

Ha! 41 mag won't die before i do.
Honestly, the death of the .41 Magnum has been predicted since various agencies failed to adopt the low-powered version for government use. Another attempt to shove it off the cliff occurred when the .44 took center stage on the silver screen (is that a mixed metaphor?). Time has revealed the rash judgment used in making those claims.

I think the 32 ACP has a place. The 40 isn't bad, but It's sort of filling a niche that's almost invisible. THe 41 I actually always liked but I'm basically the only one. If people realized the 44 was actually a 42 maybe it would have been different. The 25? No hard feelings.

The other 32 I don't care.

I wanted to like the 45 GAP but it never caught on. Honestly it seemed a reasonable idea.
THe 41 I actually always liked but I'm basically the only one
I have a Ruger Bisley in 41, 7.5" barrel, and You'd have to offer 5 times it's market value for me to even think about letting go!

THe 41 I actually always liked but I'm basically the only one
I have a Ruger Bisley in 41, 7.5" barrel, and You'd have to offer 5 times it's market value for me to even think about letting go!
I have a regular New Model Blackhawk 6.5" barreled .41 Mag that I'm going to have converted to a Bisley. So you're not the only one.

Ultimately the gun industry will hype any cartridge nearing obscurity in order to increase/stimulate sales. It's no different than what the fashion industry does in periodic cycles to women and by extension to us men. You can argue this, but eventually you will do so wearing a "Welcome Back Kotter" wide tie complete with flair pants and disco worthy platform shoes.

It's no different than what the fashion industry does in periodic cycles to women and by extension to us men.
Well this may be true but certain 'fashions' are not meant for everyone. Take 'Hip Hugger' jeans for example. When they made a reappearance in the 2000s there was a failure to understand they were designed for a 'certain' physique - and not for everyone.....

Last Edited:
I really liked my little 32, but a guy really asked nicely for me to sell it before I left LA, because it was basically unobtanium there, so I did it. Replaced it with a S&W BG 380 once I got back to OR, which is also fine.
It's a fine pocket gun cartridge but it does much better out of a bit longer barrel. Beretta's Model 81 "Cheetah" and FN's old 1922 give the .32 ACP a bit more authority. It does nicely with a 98 grain hard cast lead RN bullet and most favorite pistol powders.

It's a fine pocket gun cartridge but it does much better out of a bit longer barrel. Beretta's Model 81 "Cheetah" and FN's old 1922 give the .32 ACP a bit more authority. It does nicely with a 98 grain hard cast lead RN bullet and most favorite pistol powders.
Honestly I liked the gun it was chambered for more than the cartridge itself. Odd as it might seem, the Kel Tec P-32 was just an inexpensive, dandy little bit of pocket lint for me. I'm fairly certain it's helping a friend feel safer going to synagogue still.

If you can't conceal that thing, you're on a nude beach and not very resourceful.

I'm actually a fan of .32 ACP. Very pleasant to shoot and was hugely popular in Europe for decades with military and police which has led to a large number of inexpendive surplus guns for the U.S. market.

I rolled the dice on a surplus Beretta 81 when they hit the U.S. market. It's one of the most accurate handguns I own and is now seeing more time as a CC piece.

20210530_070857.jpg

-E-

Ultimately the gun industry will hype any cartridge nearing obscurity in order to increase/stimulate sales. It's no different than what the fashion industry does in periodic cycles to women and by extension to us men. You can argue this, but eventually you will do so wearing a "Welcome Back Kotter" wide tie complete with flair pants and disco worthy platform shoes.
I've worn the same jeans (except for waist size), shirts and shoes for 40 years after leaving the military. I stopped being concerned about "fashion" a LONG time ago and only wore what was comfortable and durable.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews