JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
On March 29th I got an order confirmation for an AR-308 80% lower and parts kit from 5D Tactical. That is 2 months ago.

According to this page: https://info.5dtactical.com/2021/05/25/production-updates/

They are not yet handling orders dated after 1/22/2021

I have not kept close track of this, but it seems to have not been updated in months.

Wondering whether I should ask for a refund or not?

Hard to say. I bought a Jig along with a "kit" to make an entire AR9 from them a while back. It was before this mass panic. They had warned at that time it would take about 6 weeks IIRC. It took that long to get. Their jig is VERY nice but, when I wanted some more lowers and a pistol upper I went with a couple other places. Just because of how long it took 5D. So at this point? Have they charged your card? If so I would watch it closely as if you wait too long there is a cut off of when your bank will no longer allow you to just take the money back. So if they had charged my card and not shipped? I would ask for a refund.
The other obvious thing is does anyone else have what you are wanting to buy in stock? If not its kind of a tough spot.

I need to see if I could get the same thing elsewhere - especially since Biden is making noise about "Ghost Guns". I am thinking 5D may take another couple of months to get any .308 lowers out the door, at least.

I am sure they will give me a refund - if they didn't I would make a stink about it.

I ordered my AR10 and AR9 on March 20th, just got them yesterday. Never responded to my emails. Nothing.
Yesterday I sent an email response to my order confirmation email, asking when they expect to ship my AR10 lower and parts kit, and got an auto-response saying they will ship before Biden enacts any new 80% regs. Maybe so, but I don't see how they can promise that.

That does seem like kind of a strange response.
Verbatim:

Thank you so much for messaging us. Your request (request #) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff as soon as possible.

Recently, President Biden directed the ATF to release a new proposed rule that would affect 80% Lower Receivers. There will be a public comment period that will last for at least several months before going into effect.

DO NOT WORRY, WE WILL SHIP YOUR ORDER DURING THIS PERIOD!

In response to President Biden's directions to the ATF, we are receiving thousands of more emails and are doing our best to respond in a timely manner. We are tirelessly working on responding to as many messages as we can, unfortunately, it may take up to 10 business days to receive a reply.

Our phone lines are open from M-F 11 AM- 1 PM EST. We have limited phone support hours since we are staffing our production and shipping team with as many employees as possible.

We also have a blog post where you can find the most updated shipping times located here:
https://info.5dtactical.com/2020/12/08/production-updates/

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding while we navigate through these unprecedented times.

Verbatim:

Thank you so much for messaging us. Your request (request #) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff as soon as possible.

Recently, President Biden directed the ATF to release a new proposed rule that would affect 80% Lower Receivers. There will be a public comment period that will last for at least several months before going into effect.

DO NOT WORRY, WE WILL SHIP YOUR ORDER DURING THIS PERIOD!

In response to President Biden's directions to the ATF, we are receiving thousands of more emails and are doing our best to respond in a timely manner. We are tirelessly working on responding to as many messages as we can, unfortunately, it may take up to 10 business days to receive a reply.

Our phone lines are open from M-F 11 AM- 1 PM EST. We have limited phone support hours since we are staffing our production and shipping team with as many employees as possible.

We also have a blog post where you can find the most updated shipping times located here:
https://info.5dtactical.com/2020/12/08/production-updates/

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding while we navigate through these unprecedented times.
I guess they must be getting bombarded with this since they keep talking about doing away with them so they came up with that canned response for people. Problem of course is no one knows what the new rules and Reg's will actually be until they come up with them. Sadly a hell of a lot of gun owners will take the "I don't have one so I don't care" as so often happens. :s0054:

5D yeah, I ordered from them and then after not getting any emails or notice after 40 days, I contacted them.
They said my 308 lower was on back order and that is would be at least another 30 days.
I swear it said in stock when I bought it.
I tried email and then I tried to call them. Nothing for days, hen I emailed again. Then I got a response.
Anyway, I'm getting a refund.
I just ordered a 308 lower from Daytona Tactical instead. I have ordered from them before with no problems in the past.

Free-Email-Addresses-Web-based-and-secure-Email-GMX-com.jpg

I ordered 3 uppers Moriarti Arms, 2 in 1 order and 1 in the last order. They sent me one upper in each order and said the orders are complete. I was actually able to call a few weeks ago and speak with a real person. Said he would look into it. I sent pictures of the boxes, order form, packing forms and everything I had. Now nothing. I don't know who to trust anymore.

I ordered 3 uppers Moriarti Arms, 2 in 1 order and 1 in the last order. They sent me one upper in each order and said the orders are complete. I was actually able to call a few weeks ago and speak with a real person. Said he would look into it. I sent pictures of the boxes, order form, packing forms and everything I had. Now nothing. I don't know who to trust anymore.
I looked up Moriarti Arms once. Decided not to buy from them after looking up the problems some people have had with them.

5D Tactical is well known and I have not had problems with them before or heard of problems.

I should have checked on delivery dates, but I assumed they had the product in stock and would ship within 2 weeks or so. My bad. Just the same, I did not expect 2+ months (so far). I'll see what they say, if anything, next week (not the automated reply). If nothing then I will probably request a refund. I know the current situation is chaotic, but still, I don't want to wait for months on the premise that somehow they (5D) know that they can deliver before the ATF bans 80% lowers and parts kits.

Primary arms, Midway, PSA. So far the only 100% issue free companies I've bought from. Have used several others for obscure things, but a sample size of 1 isn't data worth mentioning.

Primary arms, Midway, PSA. So far the only 100% issue free companies I've bought from. Have used several others for obscure things, but a sample size of 1 isn't data worth mentioning.
After my first and only order with 5D, Primary Arms was who I started to use for everything else. They were almost on par with Amazon for how fast stuff got to me. This was of course before this latest grand panic but, they would still be the first place I look for stuff now. 5D's jig is VERY damn nice, its just a shame they do not seem to be able to get their customer service act together. :(

Our 308 lowers are currently shipping in 11-13 weeks from when your order was placed.

Based on when your order was placed, your order should be shipping out in 2-4 weeks.

Once your order is shipped, we will send you an email with the tracking number. Thank you so much for your continued patience and support of our company!

Our 308 lowers are currently shipping in 11-13 weeks from when your order was placed.

Based on when your order was placed, your order should be shipping out in 2-4 weeks.

Once your order is shipped, we will send you an email with the tracking number. Thank you so much for your continued patience and support of our company!
Well at least they got back to you with some info finally. I take it no one else can do any better right now? :(

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top