JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, wondering if anyone in the Portland or Vancouver area has an alignment rod they wouldn't mind letting me use for 2 minutes. Just got my approval for my can yesterday so I will hopefully get the call to pick it up today. Would love to check alignment without having to spend $60 on a rod since I only will have one can.

Have a cleaning rod or anything long and straight?

A flashlight or bore light and a good eye can tell too.

Have a cleaning rod or anything long and straight?

A flashlight or bore light and a good eye can tell too.
Okay, that could also work, I have a cleaning rod but it's one that comes apart in multiple pieces so not sure that would work. I am tempted to just send it but would hate to get a baffle strike after waiting 270 days to be approved

Okay, that could also work, I have a cleaning rod but it's one that comes apart in multiple pieces so not sure that would work. I am tempted to just send it but would hate to get a baffle strike after waiting 270 days to be approved
Roll a section of the rod on a known flat surface. Like a mirror or? That will tell you if it's true-ish. You'll only need a section long enough to go through the can and into the bore.

You don't need an $60 piece of steel to ensure concentricity.

You did not say what type of firearm but if you can remove the bolt or barrel and see down the barrel from the breach end you can visually check alignment

You did not say what type of firearm but if you can remove the bolt or barrel and see down the barrel from the breach end you can visually check alignment
ADM UIC mod 2 14.5 inch criterion .223 wylde barrel with a surefire warcomp pin and welded by ADM 5.56 Surefire Socom RC2 suppresser. I will give that a try but I still want to use an alignment rod. After having waited 9 months to be approved I don't want to risk messing up the can just to wait longer for an RMA from surefire as they take about 3/4 month for warranty issues on suppressers

ADM UIC mod 2 14.5 inch criterion .223 wylde barrel with a surefire warcomp pin and welded by ADM 5.56 Surefire Socom RC2 suppresser. I will give that a try but I still want to use an alignment rod. After having waited 9 months to be approved I don't want to risk messing up the can just to wait longer for an RMA from surefire as they take about 3/4 month for warranty issues on suppressers
It's understandable, I waited a lot longer on most of mine and the first baffle or front cap strike always burns a hole in your brain as a permanent undesirable memory.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top