Suppressor alignment rod.

Reactions
I’m looking for someone local to Salem with a 9mm alignment rod for suppressors. Just finished my Form 1 can and would like to check it before firing.
Willing to pay $20 for a quick check!

E9190778-A0A1-47ED-8485-336290DA9BA4.jpeg

kmk1012

Reactions
How’s it look through the bore? I don’t have any experience with pistol suppressors, just my two rifle ones. I’d think if the bore is of the proper size and looks clear through the bore I’d feel ok to try it, but easy to say when it’s not my money. Good luck and keep us posted how it works.

OP
M
Reactions
How’s it look through the bore? I don’t have any experience with pistol suppressors, just my two rifle ones. I’d think if the bore is of the proper size and looks clear through the bore I’d feel ok to try it, but easy to say when it’s not my money. Good luck and keep us posted how it works.
Looks great through the bore! I’m tempted to just fire it and see. But seeing as I cannot legally repair the suppressor if I damage it, I kinda want to check first. Lol

Certaindeaf

Reactions
They straighten barrels by eye so using that same technique, it would stand to logic that one would be able to discern if it was ganked or not.

jbett98

Reactions
Graingers has 11/32 drill rod which is slightly undersized to 9mm.
You could visit a local store and find a true straight piece (roll on a glass countertop) and build it up with a layer of paper or other material like shrink tubing.

FourTeeFive

Reactions
And another one:

lwarner

Reactions
McMaster-Carr Item 8893K233

Tight-Tolerance Oil-Hardening O1 Tool Steel Rod, 0.3480" Diameter

lwarner

Reactions
I’ve been considering doing that. They are so inexpensive. I have a hard time imagining a 3ft rod making it through the mail system and staying true. Lol
They’ve been good for me, YMMV. They shipped it in a super rigid cardboard tube. Could probably hit a home run with the shipping tube. I’d pop some calipers in the barrel to ensure you get the right size rod.

lwarner

Reactions
Geeze. A straight dowel or metal rod would suffice, don't ya think?
jbett's build up with heat shrink is a neat idea.
Yup, I got the dowel from McM-C, a hair undersized put a wrap of masking tape around it and seemed to align perfectly. Cheap, worked great, shipped securely, etc.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic Customer Service!
    Recently, they helped my lady transfer a pistol to a family member in CA. Most FFLs would have told us to pound sand when we mentioned where we...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
Top Bottom