JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A guy I met yesterday who says he shoots 45acp ammo out of his pistol that is designed to shoot 45 long colts. WTF? He says he does it all the time cause the longs are more expensive. He said it's like shooting a 38 special from a 357 or something like that.

I think he's ruining the gun but what do I know?

I'm looking at a S&W Governor, which shoots .410 shotshell, but also 45 long colt and 45 ACP, and the 45 ACP sits in there with the moon clips that BAMCIS mentioned, so he probably has something like that. I guess the rounds otherwise would slide down the cilinder. So unless you've got ultrasensitive primer and mostly shoot in the air, you'll probably need some mechanical assistance. I do think it would work though. Especially since the rounds are lower pressured.

TK Custom is a company that machines out the cylinders to accept full moon clips so you can shoot 9mm from a 38, 45 acp from a 45 LC etc.

They got a great review from Jeff Quinn at Gunblast.com. I've been thinking about getting a .357 revolver and having it machined so I can shoot .357, .38, and 9mm. Don't need one though, but still thinking of getting one!

Welcome to TK Custom.com & Moonclips.com

TK Custom is a company that machines out the cylinders to accept full moon clips so you can shoot 9mm from a 38, 45 acp from a 45 LC etc.

They got a great review from Jeff Quinn at Gunblast.com. I've been thinking about getting a .357 revolver and having it machined so I can shoot .357, .38, and 9mm. Don't need one though, but still thinking of getting one!

Welcome to TK Custom.com & Moonclips.com

Jeff Quin = gun magazine = You pay me,I say what you tell me to say
Stopped watching him long ago

So if you guys want to get deep in the weeds... the reason it's often called ".45 Long Colt" is at the time it was being manufactured in large numbers was during the indian wars, at that time, smith and wesson was also producing another revolver which due to patents, had to be chambered differently, and it was called the .45 Schofield.

Now, a .45 colt can fire .45 schofield, but not vice-versa. So what would happen, when the quartermaster was ordering more ammo, he would say ".45 Long Colt" to make sure he was getting "the long one, not the short one" as correcting an ordering problem when it took days or weeks to get more ammunition in a combat situation. Now the name stuck, and the .45 schofield fell into obscurity.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top