JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How can you carry a double stack in a pocket? If I have my PM9 in a Desantis in my front pocket, it screams "gun". I have big legs. But I can't imagine any double stack in a front pocket. I have no trouble IWB in shorts and polo shirt.

It only screams gun to you. Nobody else notices.

I've carried a G27 into work every day for a while now. I work in close quarters with 50 artist types who sure as heck don't like guns. Nobody notices...

Then I've taken it to multiple thousand person conferences. Large groups of people, all in shared spaces... nobody has ever seen it. The closest call I've had is I was forced to sit very close to a coworker, who noticed it bumping up against them and they asked what it was. I told them I had a lame huge cell phone, and they didn't think anything more of it.

In somewhat more snug jeans or for days where I want a lighter weight getup (for say a long walk or short hike) like today, I'm going to be carrying my Taurus PT740 slim when I get it back from Taurus and it damn well works right... I hope... those bastards!

For the specifications you listed:

Under 4"
Manual Safety
10+ rds
concealable

I can highly recommend the Ruger SR40C. I carry one every day using a $20 versa carry system and love it.

I had the same requirements myself and it came down to the M&P 40c and the SR40C. Unfortunatley i didn't get to shoot both before i made my purchase but in the end the Ruger was about $75 bucks cheaper and i liked the trigger feel much better.

Good luck.

I would take the Taurus off the list and go from there. Probably any on the list would work if it suits your personal preference. I would if in the marker buy a compact 9mm.

If manual safeties aren't a real hang up, Glock 23. When I carry .40, that's what it's in. I prefer a full three finger grip on a .40, and I like having 13+1 (or up to 31+1) on tap.

Minus the capacity requirement, I am loving my Shield .40 S&W for carry.

But then again if I expend more than 4 rounds I'm not in a shooting I'm in a firefight, and my goal is to get myself something bigger.

I carry a Ruger SR40c. 9+1 with the external safety you want. I also carry the full sized SR40, it's super thin and concealable for a double stack and holds 15+1. I love these guns. Love my Glocks but the Rugers are thinner and have more capacity in .40

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top