JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Definitely. I would rather have a 22 than nothing. Just wanted to get some feed back on the reliability of those tiny 380 handguns.

I have about 5,000 rounds through my Ruger LCP. Never an issue, it's no range gun but I carry it often as I'm in a suit during the day.

I've shot the Bodyguard quite allot,,for what it is! and it's been 100% reliable and shoots remarkibly well.

It's my go to the store gun mostly but it's been carried most days for the last 2 years. When a bunch of cash is in my pocket like when going to a show or something, and when hunting,, bigger fair is carried. Like a 45ACP or 357. My 45's are my prefered carry when clothing and circumstances allow though and a 357 for hunting.

IMO there is nothing worse than ball ammo for stopping power. It just makes nice little holes. Carry it if you really don't like the idea of hurting someone.

Re: .45 for penetration... I've hit a lot of 2x4 with .45 ball, they just stick in the front of it.

If one really wants penetration then some whiz bang 9mm ball or .357 is what you need. .44mag if you're feeling lucky, er nasty. :)

My wife's little pocket Taurus .380 jams a lot. It is so small that I think a lot of the problem is being able to hang on to it. Similar to limp wristing.

IMO there is nothing worse than ball ammo for stopping power. It just makes nice little holes. Carry it if you really don't like the idea of hurting someone.

Re: .45 for penetration... I've hit a lot of 2x4 with .45 ball, they just stick in the front of it.

If one really wants penetration then some whiz bang 9mm ball or .357 is what you need. .44mag if you're feeling lucky, er nasty. :)

My wife's little pocket Taurus .380 jams a lot. It is so small that I think a lot of the problem is being able to hang on to it. Similar to limp wristing.
Yea, I've heard that some big-name (Remington?) ball out of duty size .45's are only going like 650-700fps (for decades, not new outliers).. it makes you wonder what a 3" barrel gets with some ammo.

Yea, I've heard that some big-name (Remington?) ball out of duty size .45's are only going like 650-700fps (for decades, not new outliers).. it makes you wonder what a 3" barrel gets with some ammo.

I read a story about a cop in Kent, WA that shot a large dobad 9 times with his duty .45 that he was allowed to carry. As a result he wanted to get a double stack 9mm so he could carry 17+1. Problem is, his department will only allow ball ammo since they don't want to be sued for carrying killer ammo. So is he really better off?

Last Edited:
Evidently, if you have the right body shape, you can effectively hide just about anything you desire. I have personally seen men draw what seem like sawed off shotguns or machetes from the back collar of their silk polo shirts and svelte young ladies thinly and clingy clad pull a 1911 hidden on their thigh.
During the entirety of the movies I never had a clue they were packing!:cool:

Oh, don't overlook a good revolver. I'm kinda a revolver guy for small guns especially.

My thoughts exactly. My 'run to the grocery store' carry is a S&W 642. I specifically wanted a pocket carry piece. I carry in an Uncle Mike's pocket liner, loaded with Speer Gold Dot .38+P 'short barrel' protection loads. I know it won't jam, and will work every time I pull the trigger. Sure, it's only a five round answer, but I'm very comfortable with it, and understand the compromises.

My thoughts exactly. My 'run to the grocery store' carry is a S&W 642. I specifically wanted a pocket carry piece. I carry in an Uncle Mike's pocket liner, loaded with Speer Gold Dot .38+P 'short barrel' protection loads. I know it won't jam, and will work every time I pull the trigger. Sure, it's only a five round answer, but I'm very comfortable with it, and understand the compromises.
Yep. And there's not much a stout Keith load won't kill, if needed.

Evidently, if you have the right body shape, you can effectively hide just about anything you desire. I have personally seen men draw what seem like sawed off shotguns or machetes from the back collar of their silk polo shirts and svelte young ladies thinly and clingy clad pull a 1911 hidden on their thigh.
During the entirety of the movies I never had a clue they were packing!:cool:

Your eyes were obviously elsewhere on the svelte scantily clad young ladies. :rolleyes:

I don't want to show up at a gun fight with ANY handgun. All this caliber talk really does nothing. No hand gun is good for a gun fight. Problem is it tends to be hard to carry around a long gun so you have it when you need it. Wise man once said the first rule to winning a gun fight is have a gun. Larger is of course better. If larger is sitting at home because you were just running to the store for something, well you don't get to call a time out while you run home to get it. No do overs in real life. In my life I have known a couple guys who did always carry well. One carried a Mod.27 and he was GOOD with it. Few are that dedicated to carry. I know I am sure not.

What would Doc Holiday and Wyatt Earp think about that ? I'm thinking one had shotty at the OK corral. They needed ARs. :s0003:

IMG_2556.JPG IMG_2558.JPG

For Andy a modern cc pistol and truck gun.

Last Edited:
It was funny how they did the keystone cops fighting their way to their rifles during this premeditated fight. not

I have seen this pistoleer on some superhumans show. This guy could shoot 2 balloons about 6' apart ( " is inches ' is foot) faster than you could see or hear. They had to slow the video to even hear two shots. He would kill me no matter what I had. He had an old six shooter w an old notch rear sight. Dam good. I'm running. OK limping at a fast pace.

Last Edited:
<snip>

I hope she does not carry it then? Whether the problem is the pistol or her if it does not work she would be far better off with something else. My Wife is VERY recoil sensitive. She will NOT shoot my KT P-11. Tried my KT P3 .380, 1 round was it. LOVES the .32 KT made and will shoot it. When she tried one of the Ruger SR22's she fell in love with it. She even started going to the range on her own and she went back to carrying all the time. I would LOVE it if she would use something larger but she won't and the .22 is 100%. She has far better guns at home she can and will use. I figure the little .22 she will carry and that does work beats having no gun.

I hope she does not carry it then? Whether the problem is the pistol or her if it does not work she would be far better off with something else. My Wife is VERY recoil sensitive. She will NOT shoot my KT P-11. Tried my KT P3 .380, 1 round was it. LOVES the .32 KT made and will shoot it. When she tried one of the Ruger SR22's she fell in love with it. She even started going to the range on her own and she went back to carrying all the time. I would LOVE it if she would use something larger but she won't and the .22 is 100%. She has far better guns at home she can and will use. I figure the little .22 she will carry and that does work beats having no gun.
Reminds me of a story written by Robert Ruark where some Mau-Mau's were trying to get in through the windows and whatnot to murder two old ladies alone on a ranch in Africa.
They each had Colt Woodsman's and popped a heap of them in the noggin pretty as you please. They survived.

Reminds me of a story written by Robert Ruark where some Mau-Mau's were trying to get in through the windows and whatnot to murder two old ladies alone on a ranch in Africa.
They each had Colt Woodsman's and popped a heap of them in the noggin pretty as you please. They survived.

The Mau-Mau's survived?o_O

I remember that book and that part of it. Of course the .22 is far from ideal for what my Wife is doing. I have learned to live with it. She has had untold guns over the decades we have been together. Started with a 5 shot .38. Carry with her was always hit and miss and I gave up kicking about it. She did carry the little .32 for a long time and will shoot it. When she fell for this latest .22 I figured be happy she at least carries again. It was that shooting at that mall north of us that got her to carry again. Scene where he gunned down one woman who was with a VERY elderly Mother.They could not run so he just walked up and shot them. I figure what the hell, she could at least return fire even if it's a.22.

She's not carrying it anymore. I'm currently trying to talk her into a lightweight revolver to carry. She has a .357 snubbie but it is too heavy for her to carry. I might have to get her a .22 or a .22mag.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews