JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Error
Reviews are disabled for this resource because it is temporarily closed.
Ask question Discuss resource
It was good to meet @Old Noob and @Ss2fast this morning. Glad we could put a positive face on the shooting community and hopefully help some people
understand that shooting on public land is not a right. Really enjoyed hanging out with the Trash No Lands coalition. Great work everyone.

Yep, it was very cool! Especially since it ended with everyone, but one group of 3, brought out a bag of trash. A few brought 2 bags! The most bags bagged award goes to @Old Noob ! Man, you worked your tail off! Thank you Sir!

Not one sour visitor! Everyone was very nice and supportive of our efforts. That is real rewarding to see shooters get behind the movement and chip in with such great spirit!

I'll put up some pics later but still getting settled at home for now.

All in all, we did pretty darn good for not having an official type cleanup event!!!

Bill

@Ss2fast ! Thank you! Great to meet you and welcome to this neck of the woods!

Ss2fast.jpg

Here's what went down today at the 36 Pit...

We had all the board members of Trash No Land come and participate in the Info Center booth. Each one chipped in with picking up some trash. Our Treasure, @citizen a , took 5 or 6 bags home as his contribution toward helping to save out places to shoot... Thank you Aaron!

Several other NWFA folks came out to shoot and paused to help cleanup. The only NWFA members user names I can remember are @Old Noob , @Ss2fast , @WrenchNguns and his two boys, @Rem700..300 and his wife Tracy, @Cosimel , @citizen a and myself (I can still remember my user name! But there were other NWFA members who came to shoot but helped do some cleanup.

Total bags lifted out of the 36 pit today was 28!. Aaron took 5 and I took the rest to the Landfill in Sandy... only $21!!!! NICE! They gave me a little discount because I told them is was from Mt Hood NF and was a grass roots effort to do some good.

There is a lot more left behind! Please help get it out of there! Thanks!!!

Super cool! Thank you all!

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 1.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 2.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 3.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 4.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 5.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 6.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 7.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 8.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 9.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 10.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 11.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 12.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 13.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 14.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 15.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 16.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 17.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 18.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 19.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 20.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 21.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 22.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 23.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 24.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 25.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 26.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 27.jpg

7-11-20 Mt Hood NF 36 Pit Info Cntr 28.jpg

You can add two more to that total of bags, I took a few home because my apartment block has a big dumpster I can use. I woulda got more but had to make sure my kid didn't shoot his foot off

You can add two more to that total of bags, I took a few home because my apartment block has a big dumpster I can use. I woulda got more but had to make sure my kid didn't shoot his foot off
Ha! I'm the same way! I can usually sneek in about 2 bags a week in our community dumpster at my place. It depends on if someone else filled it up with extra stuff or not. I wait till the night before pick up and then will add my extra shooting trash bags when can. It doesn't cost any extra to my landlord and it help the cause.

Way to go, bento! Thanks for your work today!

It was good to meet @Old Noob and @Ss2fast this morning. Glad we could put a positive face on the shooting community and hopefully help some people
understand that shooting on public land is not a right. Really enjoyed hanging out with the Trash No Lands coalition. Great work everyone.
Yep, it was very cool! Especially since it ended with everyone, but one group of 3, brought out a bag of trash. A few brought 2 bags! The most bags bagged award goes to @Old Noob ! Man, you worked your tail off! Thank you Sir!

Not one sour visitor! Everyone was very nice and supportive of our efforts. That is real rewarding to see shooters get behind the movement and chip in with such great spirit!

I'll put up some pics later but still getting settled at home for now.

All in all, we did pretty darn good for not having an official type cleanup event!!!

Bill
@Ss2fast ! Thank you! Great to meet you and welcome to this neck of the woods!

View attachment 721197

Thanks guys, good to meet you as well and looking forward to seeing more of you guys in the future!!

I was at 36 pit this morning. Still pretty clean a week after our clean up. Sorry I forgot to take pics. :s0122:
Stopped by pit 36 today. It is trashed bad. Trash all over the place. Very sad.
So, depressing I left to go shoot somewhere else.
The dates on these two posts are 1 month apart. That's more depressing than frustrating.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.