JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Error
Reviews are disabled for this resource because it is temporarily closed.
Ask question Discuss resource
I think the whole forest is closed beyond Estacada. I haven't heard of it reopening yet because of the fire causing public safety concerns (unstable hillsides & trees). Last I heard was all is closed South of Hwy 26.

I think the whole forest is closed beyond Estacada. I haven't heard of it reopening yet because of the fire causing public safety concerns (unstable hillsides & trees). Last I heard was all is closed South of Hwy 26.
That is correct sir wasnt aware of that

Newish to this page, anyone know if any spots near Oregon city for some target shooting?

This pit would probably be the closest but is likely still closed from the fire danger. I would maybe google for some indoor ranges anyways due to weather. I know there is an indoor range near the clackamas county CHL office, though I've never used it.

Yes, is it possible to get some range? Im looking to go early morning before the mobs show up
I've only heard of 1 Arrowhead Pit that is in the Yacolt Burn State Forest in WA. No way can you get 200 there. It's not even big enough for a full 100. Besides, there are always several people there that would prevent any long shots.

I was in OC with firearms in the car and a couple hours. Decided to try here instead of the coast range. Should have checked the page. Still closed as of 4/20/21. Sign says it's related to logging and forest maintenance operations. Alas. No shooting today.

anyone know if the pit is still closed or if there is good place to shoot near there?
As far as I know the road is STILL closed just after Promontory. And most likely will be for a loooong time. They need to get all those dangerous trees cut down and out of there.

Yep. going to be a long time before the public gets to go into the "Public' forest again. :(

I belive the highway is blocked till further notice.but havent tried to go up there for a month or so from reading looks like its closed till mid summer
Highway still closed at over a year now, projected to open this fall and we are already long past that with no updated timeline in sight. Given the nature of things in Oregon currently I must seriously wonder if this road will ever actually reopen.

".... there is currently no definitive timeline for reopening the highway given the ongoing safety risks."

Highway still closed at over a year now, projected to open this fall and we are already long past that with no updated timeline in sight. Given the nature of things in Oregon currently I must seriously wonder if this road will ever actually reopen.

".... there is currently no definitive timeline for reopening the highway given the ongoing safety risks."
They're just trying to do their jobs and protect the shee, I mean, people of oregon.

Part of the forest has been opened. The LaDee Flat riding area is open and accessible via Tumala Mtn Rd. I heard rumor that the hiway would be opened up sometime around April 2022.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.