JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm writing this is big letters so that OP gets the message.

DO NOT LOAD YOUR BP LOADS WITH JACKETED BULLETS. LEAD BULLETS ONLY FOR BP. AND NO, SEMI-JACKETED BULLETS DON'T COUNT - THE CONTACT MATERIAL IS STILL JACKETING MATERIAL AND YOU JUST MIGHT GET A BULLET JAMMED IN THE BARREL. NOTE THAT I WROTE 'MIGHT' - IT'S NOT CERTAIN, BUT IT IS QUITE LIKELY.

FIRING OFF THE NEXT ROUND WITH ONE JAMMED IN THE BARREL MIGHT COST YOU YOUR GUN AND/OR FINGERS/EYEBALLS - GET MY DRIFT?

I have shot black powder cartridges in some revolvers and rifles...
For such usage I also strongly suggest an all lead bullet.
That's how these old guns were designed to be shot...they work well , when shot as originally designed...Why "fix" what ain't broken...?
Andy

Today my son and I shot some black powder cartridges I made for my Ruger Vaquero .44-40. The video can't capture the fireball that came from the muzzle and the very impressive boom! it made. My son really enjoyed it.

Dose the trail boss powder work well with the lee auto disk ?
And ya all im going to be loading for the black powder rounds is lead. I don't plan on working up a hunting load for the pistol.
I did have some ramshot true blue powder its just messy as hell and makes one hell of a new years fountain... Or flare... But i think im going to try the trail boss if it works with the lee auto disk

Dose the trail boss powder work well with the lee auto disk ?
And ya all im going to be loading for the black powder rounds is lead. I don't plan on working up a hunting load for the pistol.
I did have some ramshot true blue powder its just messy as hell and makes one hell of a new years fountain... Or flare... But i think im going to try the trail boss if it works with the lee auto disk
In my experience it works well enough in the auto-disk or auto-drum. Remember it's a bulky/low density powder shaped like doughnuts. It fills cases up nicely with a low charge weight. I think a 1 lb sized hodgdon jug only holds 11.5 ounces (if I remember correctly) but it's full to the cap. It fills up large volume cases very well.

im going to try the trail boss if it works with the lee auto disk
All I can tell you is Trailboss worked fine with the 650 Dillon powder measure.

When I was loading the true Holy Black (Goex) I had Dillons accessory pack and did the basic scoop made of a cartridge trimmed a bit to the exact point I wanted/pour in thru the BP funnel & process with the rest of the loads. Most I did 45LC but did manage considerable 38s as well.

A little work at first but the giant smile it produces each & every time well worth learning the techniques.;)

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top