JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm new to .308 and just got a .308 semi. Have prices on .308 stabilized enough to consider bulk or should I hold out? I see 7.62X51 (308) Lake City M80 Ball 640 Rounds from United Nations Ammo Company (UNAC) for $515 delivered: is that a good deal? I'd like to get brass/re-loadable .308 so I can have cases for reloading. Would it make more sense, to split the difference and buy 100 rounds and then get the dies/components to reload?

I'd get some good once fired military brass.. like 2-500. You'll know it's once fired by the staking/crimp on the primer pocket.. the fired primer should still be there. Get your dies, primer pocket reamer, trimmer etc. and reload.
It'd be nice, in the long run, to have at least enough actual military rounds to stoke all your mags with also.. that's just me.
Good luck.

I just can't "like" your statement..65c is a good price but good luck finding that.

Tell you what,I reloaded 400 308 rounds. I had to buy a little light to see if they were berdan primed,swage them all to be sure,then at 391,it took 50 brass to find 9 that would size to make 400.
If you can find some processed 308 brass for a decent price,it would be worth reloading,(unless it's for your bolt gun) but otherwise I look for cheap 308 rounds instead.
Too much work and I don't shoot my 308s enough to make it worth while.
Having a few thousand rounds of it makes a difference also,hehe.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Up in Canuckistan, I can get 1040 rounds of 147Gr mil-sup (steel cased/non-corrosive) for around $400. Maybe that would be a decent plinking round?

I just can't "like" your statement..65c is a good price but good luck finding that.

The OP listed 640 for $515 delivered or .80 a round. My link was for 1000 rounds for just over $700 delivered or .70 a round. Both links were in stock, brass cased, boxer primed aka reloadable. I'm not sure how much more you could ask for.

The only real question is: is it worth a $185's to save $64 and get 340 more rounds (oh and you have to buy your own ammo can).

bcdon, If you're in the metro area I may be interested in splitting a case with you if you want.

The OP listed 640 for $515 delivered or .80 a round. My link was for 1000 rounds for just over $700 delivered or .70 a round. Both links were in stock, brass cased, boxer primed aka reloadable. I'm not sure how much more you could ask for.

The only real question is: is it worth a $185's to save $64 and get 340 more rounds (oh and you have to buy your own ammo can).

bcdon, If you're in the metro area I may be interested in splitting a case with you if you want.

Sounds like a plan to me! I'm in Portland (when I'm not up here in BC for work). I'll PM you so we can work out the details. Thanks!!

Years ago I got out of 308 because whether store bought or reloaded a 223 is half the cost and the paper doesn't care what caliber the hole is. Off topic I know.

Wow, I'm behind the times on the price of ammo. I don't shoot my .308 much anymore, and haven't bought any 308 ammo for years. IIRC the last I bought was at least 7 or 8 years ago, and it was '70s Indian surplus on chargers in bandoleers (good stuff, better than the '90's junk). I think it cost me 11 cents per round.

At that price, reloading is the way to go, but if you have a semi, some chew up brass and most throw it a ways.

Fisherman's Marine in Delta Park has the M80 for .80 a round. . . . I hardly buy ammo anymore the prices are ridiculous. I'm ashamed to admit though I picked up a couple boxes. Because it was there and not a buck a squeeze.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top