JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And just in case it wasn't completely obvious, that rifle will outshoot all three of us all day long!

And just in case it wasn't completely obvious, that rifle will outshoot all three of us all day long!

Hands down!! I'm sure it would have just been one hole per group if it wasn't me behind the trigger. ;) We will figure out a time and date to go so you can shoot it. That would be fun. :)

Nearly 40 years ago I was using a 308 bolt pistol in 200 yard IHMSA matches.
One surprising group turned in 5 shots into something smaller than my thumbnail using open iron sights. These days I can't see the 200 yard target without glass helping.
Don't recall if the class limits were for 14 or 16" barrel.

Of course I couldn't repeat such these days yet it was gratifying to know the 'smith had earned his fees.

Looks like a damn fine find! By the time you can roll some loads and find out what it really likes you will have one hell of a nice rifle going there. Only down side will be when you miss there will be no doubt it was operator error. :cool:

With me its always operator error :D On the bright side its a reason to go to the range and train so that I can hit a gnat at 400 yds with my eyes closed LOL :p

Nearly 40 years ago I was using a 308 bolt pistol in 200 yard IHMSA matches.
One surprising group turned in 5 shots into something smaller than my thumbnail using open iron sights. These days I can't see the 200 yard target without glass helping.
Don't recall if the class limits were for 14 or 16" barrel.

Of course I couldn't repeat such these days yet it was gratifying to know the 'smith had earned his fees.

While back at the range when I came out the counter guy laughed. Said he had forgotten to ask me what I was shooting and when he saw a long gun got worried at first. I told him just PCC's for me. Said I can't see worth a crap at 100 yards any more so I don't need something that will shoot that far. We both laughed at that. Maybe one of the reasons the PCC's are getting so damn popular all of a sudden. Lot's of us with aging eye's that want to shoot closer up now days. ;);)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top