JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think go no more than10.5" both of mine are shorter. 8.2"Noveske/PacNor, and Seekins 8.5".

I went with adjustable gas blocks, and when shooting subsonic the JP silent captured spring takes away the "twang" from a normal spring.

Both are pistol length.
I'm leaning heavily towards 8.3 or 9". Are the noveske and seekins CHF? How often are you having to tune the blocks? And you're referring to the buffer spring?

I'm leaning heavily towards 8.3 or 9". Are the noveske and seekins CHF? How often are you having to tune the blocks? And you're referring to the buffer spring?

Yes referring to buffer spring, for the silent captured spring.

Seekins is stainless steel, Noveske is chrome lined like thier 5.56 barrels.

I tuned the blocks and shoot them so that both supers and subs cycle. Not many rounds between the two so far. Part of my stay home quarantine project is loading ammo. In a few days i will be getting to the 300BLK ammo.

I am the set and leave it guy as far as the gas block goes on any build.

Wide open gas!
I haven't gone down the suppression road yet but I hope to some day.
(I have a swr spectre II for the .22 and it's been sweet )

Here's my latest pistol gassed PSA 8.5" build, ended up with a wonky green kAk blade (something I'd like to trade for a black one some time.)

230grain Lee tumble lube mold and silver high temp engine paint for the budget reloading.....

I really love this caliber.
My carbine upper is just as fun for plinkin'

Enjoy,
Matt

23334.jpeg IMG_20200228_185335775.jpg 1585538105303181521938933076359.jpg 15855382785788849687116941135923.jpg 15855384466702636969448748675328.jpg

I built a 300 blk pistol several years back with a 9" BA barrel and pistol length gas. It runs fantastic with supers or subs no adjustable gas block needed. They say 9" is all that is needed for complete powder burn. Chf is certainly not needed unless you really plan on abusing it with unending strings of fire. Non chrome lined will generally be more accurate and melonite is plenty durable. Mine shoots right around 1" at 100 yds for 5 shots with my supersonic handloads and 1 1/2" with handloaded subs through a hybrid can. Happy building.

I've finally got back to finding a go to subsonic suppressed handload. Tests loads are ready for the range. I will chronograph and function test 6 diff handloads, 3 diff bullets and also 3 or 4 factory subs. I should get to the range by end of the week and will post the results. Hove fun

I built a plain Jane a few years ago, It has a 10 1/2 inch BA barrel, pistol gas, low pro gas block, 80% raw lower, Aero upper and just ditched the shockwave for an SBa3 brace.
It was a budget build, $327. I had most of the parts from trades and dealings over the years. One thing I can say is it runs supers flawlessly and I'm not going down the rabbit hole for a can...:D

8B8778AA-4C3D-4BE2-8872-1553CDC1AFA9.jpeg

Last Edited:
Here is a pic of my 8" 300 blk on an SBR lower, mostly shoot supers out of it as I have a 300 blk bolt action that doe's better with subs. J7xMm14.jpg

Last Edited:
It's a Deadair pyro, I've got it sleeved otherwise it blows your ears out even with muffs. run it when I don't have the sandman on.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews