JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's a questionable AR pistol. :eek:

Barrel leading forced me to down load to 10.5gr AA1680 with an older version (Brinell # 18) of same MBC 245gr bullet. I am glad to see people getting good results with 11.5gr under the Brinell 20 version.

have you patterned the bullet to see how it shoots yet? I am really interested in this one as I have had good luck with the Lee 220 gr mold, but as you know with subs heavier is always better.

thanks

well when you get the inclination, know that there is at least one person that would like to see how they pattern out of the AR rifle and AR pistol @ ~100 yards.

BTW what barrels are you using? I have a Wilson Combat SS on my Rifle and a RED X Arms on my pistol.

I had zero issues with the lead bullets snagging or catching on the mag lips or the feed ramps.. Which pleasantly surprised me. I fully expected to have to trim feed lips or polish feed ramps or modify the OAL to get them to feed right. Nope, they worked well right out of the box.

In fact, I was amazed at the velocity ranges that the pistol functioned in... The cartridges fed and the action cycled @ 10gr-12.3gr.. I don't have my notes with me, so I won't spout numbers, but I recall silly slow velocities where it would empty the magazine, just not hold the bolt open on the last round.

The only drawback to the lead that I found was that I had to buy a Lee Universal Neck expanding die to bell the case mouth slightly to eliminate lead from shaving off as the bullet seated. The lead bullets are larger than the .308 neck expander in my Hornady 300blk sizing die.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top