JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm trying to decide on a new optic for a suppressed 300blk pistol. I am currently running a Sig Bravo4 with the 300blk horseshoe reticle but I want to try another option.

I'm mainly looking for another fixed power option that I can supplement with a red dot.
The Vortex 5x prism is an option but I am partial to the green illumination. I'm also looking at the Acog 4x32 green 300blk version. Any options I should be looking at? Is it really worth getting a 300blk specific reticle for subsonic suppressed shooting?

What are y'all running?

20220204_122124.jpg

Tagged, I'm running a Bushnell AR Optics 1-4 as I like crosshairs. But, a nice red dot that doesn't look funny peaks my interest, I'm looking at you vortex crossfire red dot.

UIddGI.jpg
I still have to tighten all the screws on the top upper, so I am unable to evaluate it at this time.
I went with a Trijicon TA31-C-100411 Red Crosshair Reticle (Reticle Shown Below)
Subsonic ranges are the numbers on the left of the reticle and Supersonic on the right.

TA31-C-100411_Red_Crosshair.jpg
Edit to Add reticle with range distances..
449E852A110EF91A4D01B3B4420A179B382DF000.jpg
I have something with an 4X ACOG/RMR setup and backup irons...I feel like the setup is redundant. Shooting with both eyes open will keep the crosshair (or the chevron) tracking the target no matter how close it gets to you. It also adds height to the rifle in the position pictured below.
UIfnRMR.jpg
If you are hitting the targets with the combination that you have, just adding to your ammunition pile would be an option that I would suggest.

Regards,
MT

Last Edited:
View attachment 1224499
I still have to tighten all the screws on the top upper, so I am unable to evaluate it at this time.
I went with a Trijicon TA31-C-100411 Red Crosshair Reticle (Reticle Shown Below)
Subsonic ranges are the numbers on the left of the reticle and Supersonic on the right.

View attachment 1224500
I have something with an 4X ACOG/RMR setup and backup irons...I feel like the setup is redundant. Shooting with both eyes open will keep the crosshair (or the chevron) tracking the target no matter how close it gets to you. It also adds height to the rifle in the position pictured.
View attachment 1224531
If you are hitting the targets with the combination that you have, just adding to your ammunition pile would be an option that I would suggest.

Regards,
MT
I was looking at the acog's TA31-C-100413, and TA02-C-100432. I really want to get into the green reticle. How is the eye relief on the 4x32? My main complaint with my current set-up is the reticle being tiny. It works well for quick acquisition but the bdc is tough to use.

Eye Relief is around 1.5"... if you don't like your nose close to the charging handle and aren't using irons, you could move the ACOG rearward.
To me the crosshair seems fine (thin)... I am use to the chevron reticle.
I wish I had it torqued and tested so that could offer you more information.

I have a couple of the Primary Arms prisms in 556 and 9mm reticles. I enjoy their simplicity and clarity for their respective costs. They make their prisms with a 7.62x39/300 blackout reticle too. Might be worthy?

I have a couple of the Primary Arms prisms in 556 and 9mm reticles. I enjoy their simplicity and clarity for their respective costs. They make their prisms with a 7.62x39/300 blackout reticle too. Might be worthy?
I was looking at the new 3x micro prism coming out ay some point this month. I have one of their 1x micros and I like that one with the exception of the non qd mounts.

I am running a Night Force NX8 2.5-20x50 on my 300 BLk Bolt two stamp gun.

I was looking at the new 3x micro prism coming out ay some point this month. I have one of their 1x micros and I like that one with the exception of the non qd mounts.
They use Trijicon Acog mounts last I recall. So any QD that fits those can be used. I've got one of their 2x on an American Defense QD mount.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top