JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think I'm going to use Silencer Central and avoid my local dealer. Silencer Central mails it to you on approval. My local dealer kind of rubbed me the wrong way.
You could also look at capitol armory for your purchase. They do all the paperwork and ship to you. I have not used them personally but haven't heard anything bad?

Just called Silencer Central, it sounds like the TBAC is out a ways.
Are you sure you want to use silencer central? Imo they are a borderline scam company. Once they got my phone number they wouldn't stop calling. Then they wouldn't stop texting. They gave me texts such as "we have received your fingerprints" and 2 other similar lies that I don't recall. I didn't give them ANYTHING other than my phone number and name. I would never buy from them as they give you false info. When doing the real thing how do you know it's not false info? One has to be able to trust the seller especially with timelines being critical.

TBAC is quite hearing safe and is the #1 choice on the PRS circuit for a reason… does not degrade accuracy or precision. Silencerco is a reputable company IME.

Any thoughts on the TBAC Ultra 7?
I have a TBAC Ultra 7 Gen 1. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is a gen 1 CB mount and not the new Gen 2 with HUB mount. None of that is the can's fault as those options weren't available when I bought it. I use the can on both my hunting rifle and one of my long range rigs. Both are comfortable to shoot without ear pro to my ears and yes I know it is likely still above sounds levels that could cause hearing damage from long term exposure but not here to get into that debate. I also have one of their 22lr cans on a Vudoo and love that can also.

All that being said, they have since come out with other can's that either perform at or exceed the performance of their ultra line I would now choose over the Ultra 7. If I was replacing my Ultra 7 I would very likely go with the Dominus in HUB configuration. I would utilize on my hunting rifles and SPR AR primarily. The other can would be a Magnus in HUB configuration which would see primary use on my long range rigs. Huge fan of Thunderbeast both from a performance perspective and also how they operate as a company. Only downside is the price.

Somewhere I recently saw a post by Thunderbeast that they are caught up and running on average a 4-6 week lead time on production. I plan to pickup one of the new braked Magnus can's in 338 or 375 and a Dominus this year.

TBAC is quite hearing safe and is the #1 choice on the PRS circuit for a reason… does not degrade accuracy or precision. Silencerco is a reputable company IME.
If this is in reference to ilikegunspdx post about "Silencer Central" he is not speaking about "SilencerCo" which is an entirely different company. I would agree that SilencerCo is better than most in the industry but will admit they have had some occasional issues such as their BOGO fiasco a couple years ago. Overall though, they have been around a long time and are likely to be around for a while which says something in the suppressor industry. Their can's rarely align with my needs so I don't own one but know folks who do and are happy.

It seems like all the cans I've been looking at are out of stock. The day I was going to pull the trigger on a Liberty Anthem S2, Capitol Armory went out of stock. Same with the DD Enticer S and OCL Polonium. So now I am on the hunt again. Maybe a SilencerCo Omega or Griffin Explorer?

If this is in reference to ilikegunspdx post about "Silencer Central" he is not speaking about "SilencerCo" which is an entirely different company. I would agree that SilencerCo is better than most in the industry but will admit they have had some occasional issues such as their BOGO fiasco a couple years ago. Overall though, they have been around a long time and are likely to be around for a while which says something in the suppressor industry. Their can's rarely align with my needs so I don't own one but know folks who do and are happy.
Correct. Silencer central is who I had problems giving false info with. Not silencerco or silencer shop.

I'm kicking myself a bit, I probably should have gotten a trust instead of doing individual trusts for everything.

I'm kicking myself a bit, I probably should have gotten a trust instead of doing individual trusts for everything.
By "individual trusts" do you mean "individual"? If they are truly individual trusts just leave them. If they are individual (ie a person) yes you are right you have to do a new form 4 and $200 for each one (if you wanted to transfer into a trust). Definitely put any new ones into a trust would be my suggestion. $69 at national gun trusts and then you can add unlimited to it.

If they truly are "individual trusts" for each item you might ask the guys at national gun trust can you set up the new trust in such a way as it controls all the other trusts (ie has all the same benefits as if the trust "owned" then but doesn't technically "own" them"). I don't know if this can be done but seems plausible. Just like an llc can have other corps or llcs see as members/"owners" of the llc.

Last Edited:
By "individual trusts" do you mean "individual"? If they are truly individual trusts just leave them. If they are individual (ie a person) yes you are right you have to do a new form 4 and $200 for each one (if you wanted to transfer into a trust). Definitely put any new ones into a trust would be my suggestion. $69 at national gun trusts and then you can add unlimited to it.

If they truly are "individual trusts" for each item you might ask the guys at national gun trust can you set up the new trust in such a way as it controls all the other trusts (ie has all the same benefits as if the trust "owned" then but doesn't technically "own" them"). I don't know if this can be done but seems plausible. Just like an llc can have other corps or llcs see as members/"owners" of the llc.
Yeah, I have three trusts, one for each item.

Last Edited:
Yeah, I have three trusts, one for each item.
There are advantages and disadvantages to both. I went the individual trust for each suppressor route. Now I can independently add trustees to a specific can or remove them as needed. Where as a single trust that contains everything requires all parties in said trust to go through the background process every time you add another NFA item and potentially prolonging approvals. Or that is my understanding of the differences. I am sure there are others.

Why not just get a standard individual without the trust part? Mine are all owned and operated exclusively by myself for my own enjoyment.

Why not just get a standard individual without the trust part? Mine are all owned and operated exclusively by myself for my own enjoyment.
I did the trust mainly for the sake of ensuring the items have a life after I'm gone and easier to deal with/sell for survivors. But of course if the trust isn't done right it can make it harder to deal with for the survivors.

I'm also a firm believer in using trusts the atf has seen a hundred thousand times so don't have trouble with approval. For example silncershop, national gun trusts, etc have standardized gun trusts.

Not to open a can of worms, but I'm curious if a gun trust would allow continued ownership past the new WA gun restrictions (doesn't affect me but I'm just curious for our WA brothers in arms). With the new law I think it's you can hand down an "assault weapon" or threaded barrel pistol to kids but they cannot hand it down to their kids. But what if the trust is the owner? The trust is a living document that can be changed by the trustees/members. @Sporting Systems might have run into this question or it could be that it has not come up yet.

Last Edited:
Nothing wrong with that and everyone's situation is different. I went the trust route so my dad, wife, close friends can possess them legally if I so choose without me being present. In addition to the ease of dealing with them after my death.

Nothing wrong with that and everyone's situation is different. I went the trust route so my dad, wife, close friends can possess them legally if I so choose without me being present. In addition to the ease of dealing with them after my death.
I was under the impression that the individual trust allowed for passing them on to other people in the trust, but the CA guy was saying different. I thought I just had to have my wife added, and she would be g2g.

I was under the impression that the individual trust allowed for passing them on to other people in the trust, but the CA guy was saying different. I thought I just had to have my wife added, and she would be g2g.
My individual trusts from Silencer Shop contain a trustee addition form and trustee removal form, along with instructions for performing both tasks. My understanding is that any trustee on the trust is able to legally possess the suppressor.

Not to derail this thread, I can start a new one if needed but I have a question. I have a couple suppressors that were filed as an individual (for just me). If I want to do them on a trust, I would have to do the $69 at National Gun Trusts plus another $200 stamp, correct?

Not to derail this thread, I can start a new one if needed but I have a question. I have a couple suppressors that were filed as an individual (for just me). If I want to do them on a trust, I would have to do the $69 at National Gun Trusts plus another $200 stamp, correct?
Correct $200 for each if they are registered to an individual already. Any new suppressors, sbrs, etc. could go directly into the trust.

I already got my answer. Derail on.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top