Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

24" Upper...Bipod selection.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Chevy 1985 4x4, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Chevy 1985 4x4

Chevy 1985 4x4 Salem Oregon New Member

I have a 24" ar and I was looking to get a bipod for it, but I need one that attaches to a Sling Swivel Stud Mount. Any ideas on one, or some place to start?

2. RockKrawler

RockKrawler Gresham Member

Look for a Harris bipod.
    They come in various lengths,swivel or non swivel models are avail. Sportsmans,Bi-Mart,Fishermans Marine,Cabelas all should have what your looking for.

3. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Harris has always worked for me.

DSC06840.jpg

4. Grommit327

Grommit327 Buckley Active Member

Although they look like it Caldwell and Shooters ridge ARE NOT substitutes for a Harris. Cheap pieces of junk that fall off. Another good option is an Atlas but they need a short chunk of rail to mount on-Atlas bipods

5. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

Atlas bipods are for ballers and endless time of wait. lol

But, top of the line product.

Harris will work just fine too.

6. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

There's a shop in Albany normally has the Atlas in stock, plus several on-line venders. It's a six week wait if you order direct.

A new S Harris with Pod Loc, and QD is over $150-200 easy, the Atlas with a ADM QD runs $300. Both get the job done, are good quality, the Atlas is lighter and has more adjustments.