JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just bought myself a neato rimfire suppressor last week and now think i should switch my priorities towards some more threaded 22lr rifles and pistols and other cool rimfires to get my money's worth out of the can.
I already have a couple of 10/22's, a 77/22, and a Ruger american rimfire in 22wmr.

What are your guy's favorite rimfires to shoot suppressed?

My 22/45 for my pistol and my henry goldenboy for rifle.

20190304_194730.jpg 20200302_110557.jpg

Bolt action any brand should be on your list if you don't have that Ruger American with threads. Hands down a bolt action is the absolute best for 22lr suppression.

From there it sounds like you have it more than covered.

Smith & Wesson model 422 is my all time favorite. It only costs around $35.00 to swap the barrel nut out for a custom threaded adapter.
They are light, have the barrel below the slide spring, so the original sights can be used without changing to taller ones.
Here's a pic showing a 2213 which is smaller then the 422, but just as much fun when you hang a can on it.

s&w 2213 001.JPG

A threaded bolt action 22lr is the only hole in my rimfire collection at the moments. Have my heart set on a Tikka T1x whenever they come back in stock places and the coronapocolypse is over

I've heard good feedback on the Tikka but I don't have one. I do have several threaded CZ .22LR bolt action rifles (452, 455, and 457 models) , and several .22LR handguns, including a Mark I Target cut to 4" and threaded, a 4" buckmark, a high standard 106 trophy with a threaded barrel, and S&W model 41 with a threaded barrel. .22LR is a good round for suppression. Enjoy!

Another vote for T1x. I picked one up in 17 HMR and really like it. Mostly because it is so dang accurate. Obviously not as quiet as 22lr with subsonics but still a joy to shoot.

Just remember that CCI Standard Velocity 22lr ammo is subsonic. Usually a bit cheaper than the stuff that is labeled as quiet or subsonic.

Bolt actions are fine, but I like semiautomatic suppressed. 10/22s are fun. Buckmarks are a blast with the tacsol barrels. The tiny beretta bobcat I have is a blast suppressed and I have high hope's for the .22 ar pistol I just made. It is definitely a pistol as it has the buffer tube plug.

Bolt actions are fine, but I like semiautomatic suppressed. 10/22s are fun. Buckmarks are a blast with the tacsol barrels. The tiny beretta bobcat I have is a blast suppressed and I have high hope's for the .22 ar pistol I just made. It is definitely a pistol as it has the buffer tube plug.

No doubt about that. It is a lot of fun to hear the click of the action on a 10/22 with subsonics. The firing pin strike on a bolt action is pretty cool too though. :)

Just bought myself a neato rimfire suppressor last week and now think i should switch my priorities towards some more threaded 22lr rifles and pistols and other cool rimfires to get my money's worth out of the can.
I already have a couple of 10/22's, a 77/22, and a Ruger american rimfire in 22wmr.

1. Hk 416 .22 pistol with folding brace (made by Walther excellent build quality)
2. Walther p22Q pistol with tandemkross mag extender (15 rounds)
3. Armscor bolt action 18" barrel youth model ($120ish new, most all wood and metal)
FC7AF1E2-9F82-4B95-B40C-99DA5EB4E094.jpeg

188AB1DB-1B0F-490C-828F-0AFDE761FB88.jpeg

Last Edited:
I ended up ordering one of the Tikka's and a tacsol threaded barrel for my buckmark. Gonna try these out to start and then maybe send my pump henry off to get threaded to shoot cb shorts out of with the can.

The Walther PPK/S 22 comes threaded for a suppressor, you can find them on sale sometimes for $250-ish.

I have not suppressed mine yet, but other people who have really love it.

Not sure if its my "favourite" but Henry makes a version of their Frontier lever gun that features the 24" barrel and is threaded for suppressor....

1587968930672.png

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top