JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting! Wonder what they do to recharge the primer?
A trifling detail. lol

Oh, found this.. don't sound like fun.

"An effective rimfire mix can be made by gently removing and crushing the tips of "strike anywhere" matches, then adding a little hot water to make a slurry thin enough so that you can drip a bit into the bottom of the case, then spin the case on an appropriate sized dowel or drill rod to centrifuge the priming slurry out into the rim."

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?182089-can-you-make-priming-compound/page10

Last Edited:
I guess if you ever wanted a legit reason to waste time on .22LR to the point where the wife almost calls you in as a missing person.

Let's see, it would take 10 hours to reload 500 rounds. Your time is worth something, say $20/hr.

Not quite my cup of tea. I'd rather pay the knuckle draggers who jack up prices so my son can't go shoot cheaply than reload that ammo.

My wife thought I was nuts when the opportunity to buy 100 bricks of Federal Target ammo for $10.00 a brick was offered to me.
I can now show her a YouTube video on what it takes to make 50,000 of them, one at a time.

They make pretty strong pellet rifles these days. I'd go that way, perhaps even to include swaging/casting your own slugs. nah (unless it was 9mm or something)

This has been posted before, but my opinion remains the same - except in the case of an SHTF situation where I really need more ammo, I don't see this ever being worth the time and effort to do. Too much work for too little reward. But, keeping this around for a serious ammo shortage, etc. may not be a bad idea.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top