JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What's a good brand of suppressor for the AR-15? I'm not loking for a top of the line, but I don't want rinky dink piece at the same time. Also, are there any shops in the Portland area that would be worth buying from, or buy it online and pay the transfer?

Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm certainly no expert, but I've ordered a Huntertown Arms Kestrel 556. It has a lot of features I like. I can be disassembled to clean, so it's suitable for use on rimfires. It has K-baffles instead of a mono-core, so they can be rotated to extend life. The serialized part is the first half of the can, so it's very unlikely to be damaged (if the serialized part needs to be replaced, it's another stamp). The the thread adapter can be changed out to fit different muzzle threads. And MSRP is $499 and they usually sell for around $450.

Yes. A 200 dollar tax stamp and about a 6 month waiting period. With the craziness the wait is now 8-9 months.

Also this thread belongs in NFA Weapons. But no big deal.

+1 That this belongs in the NFA section. That being said, YHM Phantom 7.62 QD is an excellent suppressor that can be used up to 308

It is highly unlikely that I would ever buy a ".223" can since it is of very limited use. A .30 caliber can is great since it can be used on many guns/calibers.

The same can be said about 9mm vs .45ACP cans - the bigger one can be used on 9mm hosts, but it is less effective (i.e. louder) than a specially-designed 9mm one. I assume .223 cans are quieter on .223 than .30?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top