JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
yall are lame no wonder nice people dont stay around here! everyone is so gunhoe to dissrespect the op jack for his choice, its his not yours this is what is wrong with 99% of forums

My vote: Kel Tek PF9 for daily carry (small, light, effective caliber) combined with a Twisted Industries .22lr barrel/slide kit for inexpensive, fun practice. You get the best of both worlds, and the impulse of the .22 won't wear out the polymer frame like a 9mm might after thousands of rounds. Use a belt clip on the gun for IWB carry and it'll be invisible no matter how lightly dressed you are for summer weather.

Problem solved!

And I'm with you acp- I get that this is a serious subject, but c'mon guys- I didn't see anything in this thread that warranted the abrasive stuff.

I think you accidentally hit the nail on the head. Both will kill you.

This is the problem, killing is irrelevant, stopping an attacker before he can kill or maim YOU is the issue

Man the newbies need to wake the heck up, they are bad news to those who are seeking real world self defense

I don't know if any of You have been shot by a .22 LR, But I have. Got nailed in the left wrist when I was 12 By a dumb friend. I can tell You it is no picnic....

Another point is that Poachers kill deer in Wisconsin all the time with .22 LR. Deer there average around 150-200lbs. They are as big as the average person...

In short a .22 LR will put someone out of comission. Just ask Your local mobsters...

I don't know if any of You have been shot by a .22 LR, But I have. Got nailed in the left wrist when I was 12 By a dumb friend. I can tell You it is no picnic....

Another point is that Poachers kill deer in Wisconsin all the time with .22 LR. Deer there average around 150-200lbs. They are as big as the average person...

In short a .22 LR will put someone out of comission. Just ask Your local mobsters...

Sure it will...with proper shot placement. I can assure you that even a 9mm is a questionable at point blank range, without proper shot placement.

What's your source for that little bit of info? Everything I've read says the opposite. My own little study, even though limited, shows that 55% fled the scene when a gun was produced and no mention of any of them stopping to ask what caliber the gun was. Also in my little study, of those known to have faced a .25, or a .22LR, 4 fled and two died on the scene. I include the .25 since it is similar in power to the .22. Of those shot with the .22, none survived to continue the attack.

All too easy.. 22 is the least likely caliber to stop an attacker.. as in 2 out of 3 attackers keep attacking. It's really quite a joke in educated circles.. and that figure comes from the best ammo and a 6 inch barrel

Handgun Cartridge Power Chart - Condensed Version

For comparison the best .357 mag drops 96% of attackers with one well placed shot

Shot placement is a huge factor. Growing up in the UP of Michigan, I knew hundreds of Native Americans who carried only 22 pistols. I can't begin to count the number of whitetail deer and black bear they killed with the little cartridge and they seldom lost an animal. Unlike much LE and self defense training, these fellas would shoot a bad guy in a place that would drop him with a single shot with a .22. Don't believe it? Then get out a bit more and go hunting with these folks. Seeing is believing.

In my experience, The 22 cartridge just isnt reliable enough in a semi auto for SD IMO.
A revolver or darringer, maybe.
BUT, It is darned better than nothing.

I think getting hit with anything in the right area, or enough times will at worst.. stop him later down the road. He may get away but he'll feel it and possibly die later on. Which is still a victory.

How do you figure easy poaching head shots on deer relate to a knife or gun wielding attacker on drugs at 4 feet?

Shot placement is a huge factor. Growing up in the UP of Michigan, I knew hundreds of Native Americans who carried only 22 pistols. I can't begin to count the number of whitetail deer and black bear they killed with the little cartridge and they seldom lost an animal. Unlike much LE and self defense training, these fellas would shoot a bad guy in a place that would drop him with a single shot with a .22. Don't believe it? Then get out a bit more and go hunting with these folks. Seeing is believing.

Irrelevant to self defense

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads