JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's evident that you have a particular taste in what you're looking to get. If you find yourself troubled by it, perhaps consider parting with something you currently own but no longer find as enjoyable to shoot.

View attachment 1834029
Funding isn't an issue, funds are allocated. It's a matter of "do I really want/need it"…. Justification has been difficult during this dry period…

One of these days I might run across a nice Trapdoor Springfield in my price range. Of all the guns I've owned over the last nearly four decades, I've never owned one, and ironically a Trapdoor was one of the first guns that peaked my interest as a teenager (that and the A-Team with their Mini-14's). One of my grandfather's friends had one in his closet, that he said his father had bought as army surplus WAY back when for something like three dollars. Any time I run across one, I either can't justify the expense, or convince myself I really don't need one.

It's funny, 30+ years ago I really wanted AR's and AK's but couldn't afford one. Nowadays AR's especially are cheap and plentiful, but I've lost most of my interest in stuff like that, and am more interested in the older stuff.

I'm kind of in the opposite boat, I think with the new shotgun and desire to start shooting sporting clays I'm looking at the safe and wondering how many of what ever do I really need/want. And then there are the rifles I want to do load development on and still haven't. Too many things to do and not enough time so maybe it's time to get down to what I really want to own and shoot. I look at the guns for sale here and other places and say to myself, been there, done that or got one or more just like it.

I'm probably one of the more frugal members here and haven't bought many guns over the years. When 114 passed I broke down and bought some "bucket list" guns and a couple future project frames. I'm good now forever.

But what I learned about that proverbial bucket is when you think you've emptied it, another one shows up after a while. :p

So, I think I'm actually suffering withdrawal symptoms, it's been 15 months since my last firearm purchase
I think Father Guido Sarducci would have you:

- say 10 John Brownings in front of a RSO at the local gun range...
- deprime 1,000 rounds of 9mm...
- clean each and every gun in your safe to remind you why purchasing is such a rush...
- clear your mind and listen to classic music:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k16qOeZoEbk

I fell off the wagon today 😭 (😍😍😍)

Savage 720. Ignore the non-matching mag tube, it's going to be my Charles/Earl/Bob Lee Swagger gun.

IMG_8217.jpeg

So, I think I'm actually suffering withdrawal symptoms, it's been 15 months since my last firearm purchase, read that as buying a new gun. I find myself scouring the ad's here and on Gunbroker each evening, refining the list of nice to have guns. Although I've been tempted by several, just haven't found sufficient justification to add another.

Now I know y'all a bunch of enablers, just looking to help me and help me spend money. But I think I may have this habit under control, finally.

So, just for the record, these are on my short list, in no particular order:

S&W 2 1/2" model 66 pinned and recessed
Lipsey's S&W 642 Ultimate Carry
Kimber K6s DCR
S&W 640 Pro Series

Anyone else been on the wagon for awhile?
All I can say is wow!

Last Edited:
I made it almost a month into the new year before I snagged a double barrel 12ga. Nothing in February other ordering about 1k in suppressor mount accessories for the can that approved this month.

Slowed down a bit after the big spending on December where I picked up a:

Henry model X 45lc
Girsan Regard Threaded Barrel 9mm
KSG 12
Ruger American Rimfire 22lr
Light-laser combo plus sights.

Building up savings for:

2311 in 10mm

Henry X 45-70

Mossberg Scout 308

Ruger American Gen2 300bo

Taurus magnum judge 6.5" stainless or Taurus Home Defender (would be fun to thread the barrel for a supressor).

Gen2 10/22

And a set of 12ga, 22lr, 9mm, 308, 556 for bug out spot.

I'm actually surprised with how few I've bought this year...
Probably due to getting a bunch off the want list already.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top