JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently acquired some Hornady 130 gr. .308 bullets. I'd like to use these for both .30-06 and .308/7.62 NATO.

The guy I bought it from said Hornady has not released any reloading data, in terms of recommended loads, and doesn't seem to be interested in doing so.

Anyone able to help?

I got ahold of some of these years ago and like them a lot. I used IMR-4064 in both .308 (47.5 Gr) and 30-06 (50 gr.)

In my rifles they shot nice and true with much less felt recoil than the heavier "slugs".

I couldn't find any data at he time so I just used Hodgdon data for the jacketed 130 gr and worked a load up (just like everyone should do for their own rifle).

There are several other powders that will work well with this bullet, I just happened to have some IMR-4064 available at the time. I also used some Accurate 2495-BR with good results.

I'd just start with some generic data for the 130gr jacketed bullet and work up from the low end. It shoots real nice with moderate loads.

PS: If you ever hit a Prairie Doggie with one there's not much cleanup necessary.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I received a correction from the guy from whom I bought the bullets. They're FEDERAL, not Hornady.

Mk 319 Mod 0's, to be exact.

.....Not sure if it matters, but I thought I'd provide the correct info.

I just made a big post with lots of data, but was kicked out bfore I could get it all in. I have data from 2 different books. Just tell me what powders you want to use. I like 3031, and a few others, but there are lots more. What do you have?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top