JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently acquired some Hornady 130 gr. .308 bullets. I'd like to use these for both .30-06 and .308/7.62 NATO.

The guy I bought it from said Hornady has not released any reloading data, in terms of recommended loads, and doesn't seem to be interested in doing so.

Anyone able to help?

I got ahold of some of these years ago and like them a lot. I used IMR-4064 in both .308 (47.5 Gr) and 30-06 (50 gr.)

In my rifles they shot nice and true with much less felt recoil than the heavier "slugs".

I couldn't find any data at he time so I just used Hodgdon data for the jacketed 130 gr and worked a load up (just like everyone should do for their own rifle).

There are several other powders that will work well with this bullet, I just happened to have some IMR-4064 available at the time. I also used some Accurate 2495-BR with good results.

I'd just start with some generic data for the 130gr jacketed bullet and work up from the low end. It shoots real nice with moderate loads.

PS: If you ever hit a Prairie Doggie with one there's not much cleanup necessary.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I received a correction from the guy from whom I bought the bullets. They're FEDERAL, not Hornady.

Mk 319 Mod 0's, to be exact.

.....Not sure if it matters, but I thought I'd provide the correct info.

I just made a big post with lots of data, but was kicked out bfore I could get it all in. I have data from 2 different books. Just tell me what powders you want to use. I like 3031, and a few others, but there are lots more. What do you have?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top