JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You have to buy a after market barrel like STORM LAKE OR LONE WOLF

well apparently Hickok45 didn't want to I would think he would know better he did bring it up....

but then his Glock jammed doing it, lol.

they tumble out of his Glock here:

STORM LAKE barrel longer one with ports IMAG0838.jpg IMAG0837.jpg

Because a stock Glock barrel has that Goofy rifiling first thing I changed on my Glock was the sights the second was the barrel lol I have three after market barrels for mine

I don't know about that. The Glock owner's manual specifically states to not.
It's just because they don't want people loading hot loads in it to much pressure if you change your recoil spring to a heavy one you could but what ever I think a lot of the new polymer pistols say the same thing this is just my opinion not a fact

I don't know about that. The Glock owner's manual specifically states to not.

There isn't any manufacturer that will warranty their gun if you tell them your shooting reloads. If you send in your gun for feed/extraction issues they will ask you what ammo your using so they can assure it will function with what you use.

Here is a favorite fun video by Paul Harrell comparing the effectiveness of the 10mm and 45acp for protection against lions tigers and bears oh my. I almost put this in the hunting section since many people who hunt consider the 10mm an option but there are also many people who choose a 10mm or 45 for "woods gun" for protection against bears. Anyways...

The takeaway from this vid I thought interesting to share, in both calibers he compared cheap Remington UMC FMJ ammo and Sig Sauer premium self defense hollowpoints. He shows you real velocities and then a practical test on simulating shooting a thick skinned heavy boned animal (like a bear) with improvised beef ribs and 2 watermelons ("lungs") and shows you the results. Useful practical information.

What I found interesting was that while both the 10mm and 45acp proved devastating they did so with the cheap UMC FMJ ammo as well. I was also surprised by how much penetration the hollowpoints achieved. It makes me wonder if these expensive hunting loads for 10mm and 45acp are really necessary vs. good ol cheap FMJ? thoughts?

Great video thanks for putting it online for us

All of them are going to say no reloads due to lawyers. They can't expect any kind of control on anyone rolling their own. If "something happens" they are covered if it's reloads. They would be nuts to say reloads we OK.
Yep I have shot some reloads in a shotgun that we're old and loaded hot lol not good after a few we decided that those were not safe a put them back on the shelf in the garage to be disposed of later lol

Lol my uncles and all there business partners carried 44 mag and 357 mag for bear in Montana running guide service but that was the old days the truth is the chance of you running into a bear a slim to none make noise when you're hiking if you're hunting bear you should already have a gun for bear if you're using a bow carry a big pistol enough said

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top