JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1629016663307.png

Most people would rather spend 4-hours in a car and gas money instead of paying for shipping is what I have determined.
Since the rona, spending time in the car getting the hell out of town has been our major form of entertainment. IF, i were in the market for a gun I really wanted, we'd turn it into a road trip. Maybe even with a night at a cheap motel.

What I like about Ship My Gun is that you can pre-calculate the shipping charges as you're negotiating with the buyer. That way there are no surprises when you drop off the package at the hub service center.
UPS now ships handguns 2nd day air instead of overnight delivery, which helps brings the cost down.
The only issue I have found is when a buyer insists on using a receiving FFL that is not on SMG's vetted preferred list, which delays the process by a couple of days as they wait for the FFL to fax them their current FFL license.

Since the rona, spending time in the car getting the hell out of town has been our major form of entertainment. IF, i were in the market for a gun I really wanted, we'd turn it into a road trip. Maybe even with a night at a cheap motel.
That is a well thought out reason and would be worthwhile vs. the "too cheap to pay shipping but will spend more in gas/time crowd". Penciling out cost/reward is not an American strong point, unfortunately.

We did exactly this. Pre 941 BS, Jeannie bought a shotgun off of Gunbroker that was located in LaPine. We drove over, met the seller, wound up buying some cowboy-action equipment from him as well. Spent the night at a nice hotel in bend, woke up to eight inches of snow. Drove to Redmond where it was clear and sunny and went to the gun show there. We had lunch and meandered home. All-in-all a very pleasant weekend we wouldn't have had except for the shotgun purchase.

That is a well thought out reason and would be worthwhile vs. the "too cheap to pay shipping but will spend more in gas/time crowd". Penciling out cost/reward is not an American strong point, unfortunately.

We did exactly this. Pre 941 BS, Jeannie bought a shotgun off of Gunbroker that was located in LaPine. We drove over, met the seller, wound up buying some cowboy-action equipment from him as well. Spent the night at a nice hotel in bend, woke up to eight inches of snow. Drove to Redmond where it was clear and sunny and went to the gun show there. We had lunch and meandered home. All-in-all a very pleasant weekend we wouldn't have had except for the shotgun purchase.
Sounds great!

Wifey and I did this some time before universal background checks. A guy in Grants Pass had a fine no-dash 686 that belonged to a little old lady who's husband had passed. Asked Wifey how she'd like to drive to GP. She digs that stuff too. We also know a gal there that used to be her late fathers gal friend we visited. Got our business done and took scenic routes to Creswell and got a motel and drove home the next day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top