JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few yrs ago l was selling a 73 F250 "Highboy" (4x4). My most interested buyer was in Idaho and wanted to know if I'd drive it (from Portland) to Pendleton or LaGrande to meet him.

Uuuhhhh.... no. I won't.

A lot of people list things for sale with the attitude of, "If it sells, it sells. If not, thats cool too." and aren't interested in, or willing to, put forth extra effort to make the sale happen.... that includes driving 30 or 300 miles to get to a UPS Store or to meet halfway.

I'm in that group, and l understand why it's frustrating to buyers (because I've been on the other end of it too).

I'm not a high-volume seller on this site, but never had any real problems until recently. I sold some ammo this year and it was the strangest thing. I had numerous people saying they want it, wanting my phone number to text or talk, even setting up times to come see it, then "ghosting" me. I lost track of how many times that happened. It soured me a bit on even trying to sell stuff here, but it was probably just due to all the new members looking for ammo.

I learned my lesson a long time ago on hauling something a ways for a meetup. I was young and had an old motorcycle I needed to sell. I put an ad in the free shopper. A guy calls and seemed seriously interested, but said he didn't have transportation at the time, could I bring it to him (nearby town, 30 minutes away)?

Against my better judgement I did. I loaded the bike into my truck and hauled it there, only to meet up with a shaggy dude who looked like he just got out of jail. He gives me this story about how he doesn't have any money now, but will in a couple weeks... :(

Shipping by USPS is easy if you have an FFL. FedEx Ground for long guns, also pretty easy. You just gotta keep your paperwork in order. I have shipped a few guns to other FFL's for members here, no problems so far. Biggest thing nowadays is things aren't selling on NWFA like they were a couple years ago. Maybe it's the ammo shortage.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top