JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm just the opposite. I won't sell face to face because of the hassle.

But IMO, many would be sellers are confused about the regs regarding shipping. And many buyers don't want to bear the costs, and many FFLs don't want to deal with it so they charge high fees. It's all a PITA, so now I just give away my guns to family... much easier!!!

Unless you go with a money order, you run the risk of someone cancelling a cc, but you also run the risk of a list package and one party getting upset.
I don't ship until the money is in my account. Also I know it happens but the chance of lost package seems pretty small, I've been shipping and receiving online purchases for years, mostly climbing gear but also archery equipment, chainsaws, and other expensive items still nothing has been lost.

The part I don't understand is that you don't even need to leave your house to ship, box up item, print label('s), arrange pick up with carrier, give to driver when they come to pickup.
That may be true for casual stuff, but I own an ammo business and have to take my freight to the UPS depot to ship, no home pick up and no UPS store. I do box and label it here, but pay the freight at the depot.

Tried it once, I was the seller, shipped gun to a recommend "reputable" FFL", long story short, there was an issue with the buyer's background check and I didn't get my gun back timely. The buyer said deal with the FFL, not his problem anymore. FFL wouldn't respond to calls. Made the long drive to the FFL, found my pistol in their used gun case.

Told the FFL am reporting the gun stolen and filing a complaint against their FFL with the ATF.... I eventually got my pistol back.

Swore I would never ship an FFL item ever again, I don't care if the buyer is reputable or the FFL recommend.

We live in an Amazon world of have it now, shipped to your door.

Didn't used to be like this.

Unfortunately, it is and I can see how folks have come to expect things in that manner.

I have shipped a couple, every time it was an absolute mess of $h1t. So now, I'm a firm NO when it comes to shipping. You want it bad enough, you can come to me. I have ZERO remorse for this decision and I DGAF if you don't like it. It saves me the headaches and such. I've never found that I couldn't sell something here because of this either. Sure, I might get a POd individual that gets really butt hurt that I won't reduce the price because they need to "drive" to me or that I won't ship it to them, but at the end of the day the item will sell.

Shipping is just plain expensive! The last handgun I shipped was via UPS and ran $80. Add that to the price of the gun and it's no longer a deal for the buyer. Unless the gun is a rare bird, it just doesn't make sense. Add in the BS of now having to deal with two other parties in the transaction (shipper and receiving FFL). The risk of problems goes up. I prefer FTF at a local FFL and a quicker transfer from mine to yours.

You mail me the cash in an envelope, and I'll mail the gun. Any other way of transferring the money is too much risk.

If shipping a gun is so easy and risk free, then sending me cash in an envelope should be fine.

I've had the exact opposite experience. I've never had a single issue from shipping a gun. But I've been stood up, had people fail background checks, and have been subpoenaed over local deals gone wrong.

Also, this site doesn't have the accountability built into it like some others. If you screw with someone on the other site, they WILL find out who you are and you'll get a visit from someone.

Certified bank check, MO, or Zelle and a hold. Never had a problem at all. The problem is with people using credit cards who do not have a pot to piss in.

Tried it once, I was the seller, shipped gun to a recommend "reputable" FFL", long story short, there was an issue with the buyer's background check and I didn't get my gun back timely. The buyer said deal with the FFL, not his problem anymore. FFL wouldn't respond to calls. Made the long drive to the FFL, found my pistol in their used gun case.

Told the FFL am reporting the gun stolen and filing a complaint against their FFL with the ATF.... I eventually got my pistol back.

Swore I would never ship an FFL item ever again, I don't care if the buyer is reputable or the FFL recommend.
I'm confused, if the buyer paid you, it's their problem....

I haven't sold anything in about 10 years, but now that you can't have 'true' FTF transactions in WA anymore, I don't see the point of driving all day in bubblegumming traffic to meet up at some gunshop where the employees talk to you like you're a 5 year old only to have to get back into even worse traffic than what you started in.

My time and patience is worth more than that to me. I'd just prefer UPS come gets the damn thing and gets it out of my life.

There are people that will purchase a well stocked firearm from a gun store and then when they get home will complain that the crown is ganked, the sights canted, there's machining errors, the stock pulls their neckbeard and the action galls.. how the f they think that vetting a gun from a photograph is possible is beyond me.

There are people that will purchase a well stocked firearm from a gun store and then when they get home will complain that the crown is ganked, the sights canted, there's machining errors, the stock pulls their neckbeard and the action galls.. how the f they think that vetting a gun from a photograph is possible is beyond me.
As a seller, it's my reputation on the line. As a gunstore employee, they just work there.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews