JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why are there so many people with an aversion to shipping? I truly dont understand it. I love this site. And I have had an absolute blast meeting people and buying/selling/trading over the last several years.

That being said, the sheer amount of people that are completely unwilling to ship anything, I will never understand. Especially when it comes to firearms. It is literally the easiest thing you could possibly do.The FFL does all the work, and you dont have to wait...

The only case I can come up with, is dealing with someone that doesnt have any feedback or doesnt have GOOD feedback, since you arent 100% sure they will pass a BGC....so just...dont deal with those people...problem solved.

Or, an argument could be made for payment..but seriously...payment up front...then you hand it off to the FFL...ABSOLUTE WORST CASE SCENARIO, the person doesnt pass a BGC, and the firearm gets shipped back to your FFL...

What am I missing? Haven't had a single problem yet with a shipper, or a payee in several years of trading, but it seems that finding people willing to ship is getting harder and harder.

Too much risk. Things get "lost" all the time. And while you've gotten lucky, there are plenty of scammers out there...

43ac065a1df35fa938c20bf41e3deedd.jpg

Also, too much hassle. It's easier to sell face to face.

-Robert

Speaking only for myself in regards to shipping...

My post office is a PItA to deal with...Also during the school year , I generally get home after the post office is closed.
Saturdays the lobby is closed....no parcels and boxes , just letters can be mailed out.

As far as FFL's...again the local gun shops are PITA to work with in regards to shipping....or they won't / refuse to ship for private transactions or....charge a hefty fee for doing so.
Andy

Speaking only for myself in regards to shipping...

My post office is a PItA to deal with...Also during the school year , I generally get home after the post office is closed.
Saturdays the lobby is closed....no parcels and boxes , just letters can be mailed out.

As far as FFL's...again the local gun shops are PITA to work with in regards to shipping....or they won't / refuse to ship for private transactions or....charge a hefty fee for doing so.
Andy
If you stopped smoking in the boys' room while listening to Mötley Crüe after all the kids left, then you'd make the post office before they closed….. DUUUUHHH!!!!

I use Ship My Gun online services and found that since the buyer is paying the freight and I get to package it at home, the hardest part is just dropping it off at the nearest UPS hub. Walk in and walk out.

If you stopped smoking in the boys' room while listening to Mötley Crüe after all the kids left, then you'd make the post office before they closed….. DUUUUHHH!!!!
So one day when pulling into the parking lot at school...I was playing that song in my truck...
It was a warm day...and my windows were down.

As I exit my truck , a co worker and her son were also heading into school....her son says to me :
"Mr. W. , I don't think you can play that song at school...but I like it anyways."....:D
Andy

I noticed the same thing about this site and shipping. Other sites, with a more nation-wide membership, have no choice but to ship and it's no big deal. One thing Ive noticed on those sites, forum participation is much higher because no one is willing to take risks with unknown members.

This is an example of the misconception the the buyer controls the sale and can dictate the terms and conditions. This is simply not true, the seller controls the sale, if you as the buyer don't like the terms, then vote with your check book and shop some where else. Or you can just whine and stomp your little feet here about how "they" won't do it your way.

So one day when pulling into the parking lot at school...I was playing that song in my truck...
It was a warm day...and my windows were down.

As I exit my truck , a co worker and her son were also heading into school....her son says to me :
"Mr. W. , I don't think you can play that song at school...but I like it anyways."....:D
Andy
The only thing I got from that story is that you like your autos "vintage" like your guns with no modern amenities, or you're too cheap to buy a truck with A/C…… or both.

:s0108: ;)

I noticed the same thing about this site and shipping. Other sites, with a more nation-wide membership, have no choice but to ship and it's no big deal. One thing Ive noticed on those sites, forum participation is much higher because no one is willing to take risks with unknown members.
I know you, and I refuse to ship even an invoice to you….

:s0108:

The only thing I got from that story is that you like your autos "vintage" like your guns with no modern amenities, or you're too cheap to buy a truck with A/C…… or both.

:s0108: ;)
Hey now...I traded a excellent horse and buggy for my truck... :D

Truck ain't that old...its a 2011 and it does have AC...Just like the windows down....:)
Andy

I've shipped to and received shipments to and from FFLs from good standing members, but I'm pretty picky about who I deal with on a non f2f basis. I also have a dollar limit to my risk. If I lose x dollars, will I be pissed? Yes, but I'll get over it if I see it as a good deal.

The part I don't understand is that you don't even need to leave your house to ship, box up item, print label('s), arrange pick up with carrier, give to driver when they come to pickup.
Unless you go with a money order, you run the risk of someone cancelling a cc, but you also run the risk of a lost package and one party getting upset.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top