Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

02-03-14 OFF Facebook update

Discussion in 'Oregon Firearms Federation' started by bnsaibum, Feb 3, 2014.

1. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

OFF Facebook

OK, it is now almost official that Prozanski will have a hearing on his pre-confiscation bill on Thursday at 8 am.

There are rumors of celebrity anti-gun folks coming to testify.

If YOU are coming, keep a few things in mind.

While you may submit written testimony you should be ready to be flexible on what you say. It is very likely that amendments will be proposed which can change the makeup of the bill.

Here are some points about the bill.

(Be prepared to respond to a moving target.)

The bill outlaws private transfers to people you have known your whole life.

The bill is a de facto registration scheme. Without registration the bill has no meaning.

There is no reason to demand the serial number of the gun being transferred if this is NOT a registration scheme.

In spite of what Floyd says, people HAVE had their guns confiscated IN OREGON, with NO LEGAL JUSTIFICATION because of background checks.

As written this bill allows you to give a gun to your nephew but forbids him from giving it back without police permission.

Under the bill you could give a gun to your step-parent's gay partner, but you could not give a gun to your father-in-law.

You could give a gun to your son-in-law, but he cannot give it back without permission from the state.

You can give a gun to your nephew but he can't give it back without permission from the state.

If you have a range, training facility, or gun club that allows people to use guns you own, as part of a class you charge for, you have "leased" a gun and now must run a background check and transfer the gun to them before they can use the gun in the class. (Assuming the check is even completed before the class is over.)

They then must "transfer" the gun back to you at the end of the class.

The bill has no provision for allowing a transfer if the OSP can't complete a background check.

The law allows dealers to transfer in three days but does NOT allow private parties to transfer in 3 days if OSP can't complete the check.

It's a train wreck folks. Let's get out there.

2. bnsaibum

Still nothing on the Senate Judiciary schedule and all other bills have been assigned a day and time. They do meet regularly at 8:00 am Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in 343. The Oregon Alliance to Prevent Gun Violence has a Facebook event page about it.
    (FB event link courtesy Mr. Freeman)
    It appears that they have at least 23 people who have Facebook accounts going with who know how many others planning to attend, we need to meet and exceed this.

Does anyone else find it odd that SB 1551 is the only bill that is currently unscheduled and that supporters of such a controversial train wreck of a bill were informed when the bill is not scheduled? I don't know if this is actually against any law here, but at the very least it is dishonest and is a perfect example of dirty politics.

3. diagoras

diagoras Prozanskistan Member

"Odd"... Yeah, no schumer it's "Odd". I wouldn't call it "Odd", I'd call it "Criminal". Who does
    that cockroach Prozacski think it's fooling?

At the very least Pinko Floyd should be censured by its fellow cockroaches (yeah, fat chance) - and
    I wonder if it couldn't be indicted under the Public Meetings laws (Though I'm sure they don't
    apply to Legislative cockroaches).

This kind of behavior REALLY infuriates me, in case you didn't notice. I am PAYING these insects
    to behave this way. Someone should try to buttonhole Prozacski - particularly with the
    media present - and ask it WHY it failed to post information about the bill while informing
    its fellow leftists about it. If anyone here can get ahold of Dan Sandini at Daylight Disinfectant
    and point him at this, it would be worth it. It's fun watching them scurry when they get the
    light shined on them...

[video=youtube;iUgUz3sVLGE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUgUz3sVLGE[/video]

(this is the link to the Senate Judiciary Committee list of bills in case anyone
    wonders what we're talking about...)

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2014R1/Committees/SJUD/AssignedMeasures

4. bnsaibum

I sent him an email.

5. bnsaibum

I also sent my Senator, Betsy Close, an email asking a few questions about the oddity.
    And her response
    Response from Stephen Elzinga, Policy Analyst, Senate Republican Office
    Not illegal, but shady as F&%#

ocarolan and (deleted member) like this.
  6. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

As usual democrats are good at deception and backroom underhanded deals and bons. Par for the course. I cannot for the life ofe me understand how anyone can even admit being part of that party.
    RANT OVER

7. bnsaibum

Call me naive, but it seems that if a bill or legislative process cannot stand up on its own merits in the light of day then IT SHOULDN'T BE GIVEN ANY CONSIDERATION!!!

8. diagoras

The thing to do would be to sue Pinko Floyd in the Federal courts under the Equal Protection clause of the Constitution.
    Whatever the likelihood of such a lawsuit succeeding, that would expose the little roach in a manner that it really doesn't want.

It would then have to "Clarify" the situation repeatedly to all of its pothead friends in pEugene, which would make it very uncomfortable and have a "Chilling Effect" on future performances of this sort.

With leftists it's all what they're scared most of - right now Prozacski is trying to keep everyone in the dark so he and all the cockroaches at CeaseFreedom Oregon can scurry around in the dark where they feel safe. He's just not MORE scared of something like a lawsuit (or worse yet, nobody inviting him into the back room to swill any of the good "Bud" at his Eugene pot parties), is the problem.

9. bnsaibum

Too strong, or not strong enough? I put "78% of Oregonians agree with SB 1551" in the subject line to give it a better chance of being read.
    I will send the same to Roblan and Dembrow. I think Roblan may be the most receptive to this and susceptible to consequences. I could be wrong as I don't know a whole lot about him or his district.

10. U201491

That may just sway the sheep to push for the bill. People generally follow a herd and many do not go past a headline. --/

11. diagoras

Just my (hyperinflated) 2 cents, but I would split the two issues. I.e. I'd go after Prozacski on the ethics issue without mentioning the gun issue, and I'd broadcast it to ALL his leftist buddies and tell them in essence "You may not be in control forever, and Payback is a chiclet". They're usually too dumb to understand abstract concepts like that, but they wouldn't be able to just dismiss your missive because it originated in an argument about
    << shudder >> << Quake!! >> GUNS...

The same applies to the (sniveling leftist) media as well, and even to the media-drugged-and-tortured public, who may not spend a lot of time worrying about their gun rights but can nevertheless recognize a liar and a cheat when they see one.

12. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

78% of Oregonians think that a background check is filling out a 4473 and hearing back from the OSP in ten minutes or less. That is not the case as many of us have found out. They cannot handle the current volume of background checks without putting some people on a month long delay, how are they going to deal with almost double the number of requests?

13. U201491

They wont deal with it and that is exactly what the left likes to create.
    To them, any obstacle is a good obstacle unless it is something they want.
    A lot of mention of recall and the next election they do pay attention to.